Sunday, March 31, 2013

Easter:



As I dressed up for the family Easter party at my cousin's house, I pondered the following two thoughts: (1) Will I look too fruity with this very colorful shirt?  (2) Will my nerves be frayed from children screaming and running around?

Fortunately, there were many others decked out in bright Easter egg colors. Whew! Even though four young girls were present, they were amazingly QUIET, well behaved, and raised right! The flowers in the above pic is what I gave my Mom for Easter. She liked them.

The food, company, and conversations were great. What I enjoyed the most was playing ping pong and croquet. Unfortunately, I sucked in both. Apparently, being a stellar tennis player does not translate to ping pong. I had some great hard hits, but my patience would always do me in.

In croquet, it took me a while adjusting to hitting the heavy ball hard enough to substantially go anywhere. Family laughed at my initial ineptitude, but I came on strong in the end. Third place was within my grasp as I passed up my evil twin brother and his demon spawn child. All I had to do was hit the last stake. It went wide right, knocking me all the way down to 5th place (out of 6 participants). CURSES!

If the skies wouldn't have opened up with heavy wind, rain, and hail, I would have demanded a rematch. LOL. Oh well. Next time Bart and Mason! Grooooowl! Something tells me that I'll have to buy a croquet set for my housewarming party. #revenge

8 Comments:

Blogger Raybeard said...

Your shirt and pants make a darned good combo.
No need to 'tone down the gay'. though there may sometimes be an understandable desire to 'reduce the camp' in order to avoid being TOO conspicuous - depending, of course, in the company one is in. Whether this would apply to you I can't say, but I doubt it. Just have fun!

April 01, 2013  
Anonymous Jeff said...

"Fortunately, there were many others decked out in bright Easter egg colors."

Yes, but they were all wearing dresses.

April 01, 2013  
Blogger Brettcajun said...

NOT TRUE! Two men wore bright turquoise and one wore bright yellow.

April 01, 2013  
Blogger Cubby said...

Does Bart read your blog? Sometimes I think you are writing directly to him.

April 03, 2013  
Blogger Brettcajun said...

I am aware that family and their spouses sometimes read my blog.

April 03, 2013  
Blogger ryan charisma said...

GAY SHIRT.

April 03, 2013  
Blogger cb said...

Blue plaid and khaki pants is too COLORFUL?? You need to get out of that beige house more.

April 06, 2013  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ha! Point goes to Jeff.

April 08, 2013  

Post a Comment

<< Home