Monday, October 08, 2012

SQUEEFUL COVETS:


   
Pardon me if I am walking around with a certain swagger and a can of whoopass these days. I am obsessively working hard to put myself in the best possible position to win two upcoming tennis championships.

In three short weeks since acquiring new weaponry, the Head YOUTEK IG Speed 18x20, I have compiled a 11-3 record in doubles and 6-0 record in singles against the same fierce competition I'll face in a tournament. Everything is going according to plan.

With the New Orleans Fleur-dis-lis tournament in less than two weeks, I am set to debut as the #2 seed unless there is a major influx of last minute entries. In doubles, I am partnering with former blogger Jay who has Serena-like powerful serves and ground strokes. We won a USTA 3.5 doubles championship in Mississippi before and should be a formidable team again this tournament.

As part of my conditioning, I am working out with a personal trainer, a tennis coach, and playing five times a week. My focus is 100% on this tournament. WINNING IT ALL is my only goal. Anything less will be considered a major disappointment.

Just in case you were wondering what the hell I have been up to...

7 Comments:

Blogger mikeinbama said...

Good Luck in your upcoming tournaments.

Just don't lose to a guy in jorts like LSU did last weekend!

October 08, 2012  
Blogger Jim said...

Good luck on the tourney... and have a good "cuddle" weekend!

October 08, 2012  
Blogger Harper's Keeper said...

Good luck! I admire the dedication

October 08, 2012  
Blogger Blobby said...

you lost all masculine credibility when you typed "Fleur-dis-lis"

October 09, 2012  
Blogger Brettcajun said...

The fleur-dis-lis is the official symbol of Louisiana!

October 09, 2012  
Blogger Blobby said...

I know what it is, still, it's a little gay. Just like you. Little and gay.

October 10, 2012  
Anonymous Jay said...

Very excited to head down to NOLA this coming weekend...the tournament will be a damn good time for all involved.

The BEST part about it is that when you blog about the things you do in your life, you actually use PEOPLE'S NAMES...you don't say stuff like "had dinner with a close friend" or "went to the movie with a friend"...that's just tired and sad.

See you in a few days...it will be memorable!

October 14, 2012  

Post a Comment

<< Home