Monday, April 09, 2012

RELOADED:

ARGH! I have become the Caroline Wozniacki of the tennis world. HOW DID I GET HERE?! WHEN DID I LOSE MY SITHNESS?!

I have somehow lost a competitive drive to win.While this may be viewed as a healthy psychological breakthrough, it is disasterous for my USTA Team which needs a constant production of victories. I am recruited because I am expected TO WIN -- not go through the motions!

In a vain effort to stop the losses, I have rehired my personal trainer AND former tennis coach. Additionally, I am reducing the number of times I play each week so the matches I do play gain higher importance. I don't have much time to get back on track, but if anyone can quickly rebound, it's me and my OCD.
Once we are committed, we cannot be stopped.

8 Comments:

Blogger Kelly said...

Awwww... Jeff and I watched Serena whip ass this weekend and I was close enough to touch her, but beer in one hand and camera in other did not allow me to... along with the police... see pics on my blog... otherwise... you will be fine... seems you have figured it out and will bring it to the courts... smooches and hugs from us VA guys....

April 09, 2012  
Blogger BoholstWife said...

you sound like you have it all under control...I envy the strong will you have and dedication.

April 09, 2012  
Blogger mikeinbama said...

I love the fact that you are relentless in your pursuits. Work Hard and Win Hard!

April 10, 2012  
Blogger Nurse P said...

Brett --
I admire your desire to give it your all and try and "get that old feeling" again. I think anytime we lose sight of something we once loved, be it hobby, a job, or most importantly, a lover -- we need to do everything we can to try and get back in the game. I think that you have some strategy to make it what you want it to be.

I have never said this before, but try not to be too hard on yourself. Do the best you can...be true to the sport and to yourself. But, don't throw the baby out with the bath water if you aren't the best on the team. Do the best you can and kick some ass. But, don't kick your own ass in the process.

I am on the cusp of finishing up a degree I have been working three years on. I walk across that stage to get hooded in a few weeks, and I hope by summer's end to be finally be writing scripts and taking care of patients as a nurse practitioner. Perhaps soon, we both will have something to celebrate!

April 10, 2012  
Blogger RG said...

Welcome to being over 40 years old. Perhaps there's a Senior's Tournament you could join?

April 11, 2012  
Anonymous Jeff said...

"Whoever said, "It's not whether you win or lose that counts," probably lost"
-Martina Navratilova

April 14, 2012  
Blogger Rick said...

I like your shirtless posts.

April 23, 2012  
Blogger Nurse P said...

I keep looking for you on that website guyswithiphones.com. For some reason, I see you posting pictures of yourself there. Call me crazy, but I imagine there are lots of pictures of you, shirtless, naked, and sporting a raging boner in your albums on your iphone.

Just sayin'...

April 30, 2012  

Post a Comment

<< Home