Thursday, June 09, 2011

When Things Go Awry:


Grrrooooowl. FAILURE! I'm licking wounds from consecutive defeats at the hands of Sith Jacob. We channeled our emotions and rage to unleash the most powerful tennis court battle the Hilton Riverside has ever seen! Each match was a thrilling slugfest oozing with testosterone, aggression, and stellar athletic play.

My preferred style of play is fast paced balls-to-the-wall aggression. I fire missile after missile at 100 mph... charge the net... then put the ball away in dramatic fashion. There is not a ball I can't get to as I hunt it down like a deranged Honey Badger.

Unfortunately, Sith Jacob possessed something I didn't... patience. He wisely won the consistency battle by altering his pace, shot selection, and risk. I had to thrawt Sith Jacob's EXCELLENT running ability by trying to hit winners on every shot. Infuriatingly, I blew 40-0 and 40-5 leads... ultimately losing the matches 6-2-6-4 and 6-3,6-4. Argh! :(

In other news...


Some DICK HEAD keeps placing the following bumper sticker on my vehicle:


This is the FOURTH TIME in over a year that this particular bumper sticker was slyly placed on my vehicle. Each time, the SUV was parked in the French Quarter. It HAS to be a job done by really CLOSE FRIENDS who know my vehicle, live in New Orleans, and monitor my Facebook check ins.

Do you know how embarrassing it would be if my co-workers or family saw this on my vehicle? Grrr... the perpetrators WILL BE CAUGHT!!!

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

nah family, freinds and coworkers already know this information.

June 09, 2011  
Blogger RG said...

Bummer you lost. Maybe you'll alter your playing style.

As for the bumper sticker - be happy it wasn't a maxi-pad. LOL

June 09, 2011  
Blogger Raybeard said...

Wish I was there to lick your wounds for you - but have to warn you, it wouldn't stop there.

June 10, 2011  
Blogger Jeff said...

I'm not say'in anything, but when I was at Homer's house, I saw a pile of those bumper stickers in his kitchen.

June 10, 2011  
Anonymous Kevin M said...

It would be totally embarrassing. They might believe that you have skills. :)

June 12, 2011  
Anonymous whip said...

dude you way too short to beat anyone at the net. Sit back and hit your girly two-handed forehands from the baseline.

June 13, 2011  

Post a Comment

<< Home