Monday, June 13, 2011

Keeping Lexie the Beagle:


I must be getting old. Besides playing only three sets of tennis Saturday morning, I didn't do much of anything. I spent most of the time on the couch with my two Dachshunds and my Niece's beagle puppy named Lexie.

While her owners were out of town, I pampered Lexie the beagle and made her co-dependent. We cuddled and watched LOTS of "Hot in Cleveland" episodes. I fed her people food. Whenever she tried to play bite me, I put a rawhide in her mouth.

It can be therapeutic to have lazy weekends. I felt good giving my pups and Lexie plenty of attention. I think we humans often take our pets for granted. That is sad because they have a considerably shorter life span than we do. My dogs are my children and I treat them as such.

If I had to guess, this week will be another do nothing week. Sure, I'll workout and ward away the Squishy. I'll play some tennis. Purposefully, that will be about it. This week will go down as the most uneventful of all weeks for 2011 as so ordered by my Ego. ;)

8 Comments:

Blogger WillBeBi said...

Outspoken , confident, rough, tough and a softie all in one. Very sexy. To bad you're there and I'm not (and I prefer racquetball over tennis anyway)

June 13, 2011  
Blogger ryan charisma said...

do not feed dogs people food.

it's bad for the dog, hell most of it is bad for people.

stop please.

June 13, 2011  
Blogger Raybeard said...

What a wonderful beauty! I also could give it a huge smacker of a kiss - and then kiss Lexie too!

I try never to 'preach' to others - but I'd just underline what Ryan above says. Please be careful with the little'un - and absolutely, NO CHOCKIES EVER! (except specially-made doggie ones).
Best wishes to both.

June 14, 2011  
Blogger RG said...

Down time is a good thing.

But, if you're looking for excitement, I can give you a weekend you'll never forget. But, you'll have to come to Boston to experience it, so there's that. :)

June 14, 2011  
Blogger Blobby said...

Beagles are so cute.

And I'm hot in Cleveland. Well...I'm IN Cleveland. Not so hot, but I'm working on it.

June 14, 2011  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good use of pursed lips.

June 15, 2011  
Anonymous Derek said...

so cute!

June 27, 2011  
Blogger CJ/Rick said...

You're a good uncle!

July 19, 2011  

Post a Comment

<< Home