Monday, January 24, 2011

MEAUX CHAMPIONS:


Jay, a blogger and fellow tennis addict, flew down from Planet Hoth (Minnesota) to enter a tennis tournament as my doubles partner. We KICKED ASS and are USTA's newest 3.5 Doubles Champions.

We out-muscled the other teams to win the Championship. Jay had the killer serve and expertly hit monsterous lobs. I was the anchor in consistency and haul-ass ability. To win the Championship, we had to survive three match points. Our strengths made for a potent team. :)

While I now have 8 tennis trophies, this was my first Championship Trophy. One day, I hope to have as many trophies as my idol Sue Sylvester. We are kindred spirits.


I would like to thank Jay for a wonderful weekend. We have a budding friendship which I look forward to continuing. Jay is someone who I greatly admire for his tennis playing skills. He's a fighter that continues to work on improving his tennis game. I admire that trait.

11 Comments:

Blogger Blobby said...

how DO you get your head through most standard doorways? ....I'm just askin.... :)

January 24, 2011  
Blogger Brettcajun said...

The same way you get your BIG ASS through most standard doorways. All it takes is a little vaseline and holding your breath. You can squeeze right through! ;)

January 24, 2011  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Too bad Rod & I weren't there to play against you =)

January 24, 2011  
Blogger Brettcajun said...

This was not a mamby pamby GLTA Tournament. Are you certain that you and Rod can hang with the big boys in USTA? The pace is a lot harder and the men a whole lot manlier. I'm just saying...

January 24, 2011  
Blogger Jay said...

Brett, I can't express how much fun I had with you on the courts this past weekend.

Although we didn't hold up our agreement to battle for the singles title, we did an admirable job of taking the 3.5 doubles title.

I am sure Rod and "Anonymous" [which we both know was Monte] would have given us a run for our money, but, in the end, we would have prevailed. You know, all they would have to have done is sign up for the tournament...it is a public event...my guess, it is they were askeered.

I am sure you'll never tire of hearing this, but, I still cannot believe you got to that ball in our first doubles match when we were down triple match point. Good ole John thought the match was in their hands, but, we stole it from their clutches and put it solidly into the evil clutches of this Damn Yankee and a true Southern Gentleman.

Thanks for the memories of a great weekend in Biloxi...good food, good conversation and another trophy for the office! Congratulations on your first championship trophy...and it was USTA no less! Take that you haters!!!

January 24, 2011  
Blogger Dolphm said...

Actually, I thought the hype in this post was at a lower level than in the past. You gave as much credit to your partner as you did to yourself. That's a good sign! I hope we see more of the new attitude.

January 24, 2011  
Blogger Brettcajun said...

Thanks Jay. :)

I am starting to think that Anonymous may be Rod's HouTex doubles partner "Jimmy". Hmmm.... the intrigue!

January 24, 2011  
Blogger Sean said...

Congratulations.

January 24, 2011  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What does the "3.5" in the 3.5 doubles title mean?

Is it inches or feet?

;)

Congrats to you both and I agree with what Dolphm said. I noticed it, too.

- Jeremy

January 24, 2011  
Blogger RG said...

Congratulations on your win.

January 24, 2011  
Anonymous BosGuy said...

Do you enjoy watching tennis too? I loved watching the Aussie Open.

February 01, 2011  

Post a Comment

<< Home