Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Texas Open 2010



I am back from Dallas without a trophy. I hit manly and bullied the opposition in the first round (winning both singles and doubles matches). Unfortunately, I was cruelly eliminated in the second round.

Elimination didn't induce pouting. The side benefit to an early tournament exit was all the socializing I got to do. I had fun hanging with tennis buds Rodney and Justin upstairs at JR's. I also got to meet Jay K. from FB, Jim from the blogworld, and Kody from Scruff. All great guys! :)

The tricky part about playing in a tennis tournament with a non-tennis playing boyfriend is finding the right balance. You want to win, socialize with others, and give your BF enough attention. Sometimes it is a tricky act when you've played three to four tennis matches in one day. I think I balanced things well on this trip.

Tim and I did have our very first argument. Since we can chuckle about it now, I am choosing to share it here on the blog:

Tim is an aggressive driver trapped in an abusive relationship with his female voiced GPS.They fight like cats and dogs. She gets fed up with him screwing up her directions, so he gets the silent treatment later when he must make quick turn decisions.

While we were in downtown Dallas, Tim could not get a signal. Frustrated, he began logically banging his GPS against the console. "Yeaaaahhh... she's gonna really talk to you now", I sighed. "We've been here every day... don't you know the way back by now?" It was at this precise moment I was given THE LOOK.

I have seen THE LOOK a hundred times before with the Ex and Whipping Boy. What is the Look? Life flashes before your eyes. You are either about to get strangled or wear a tennis racket around your neck. Either way, RUN bitch RUN!

As I eyeballed the door latch on Tim's SUV, he testily asked... "Do YOU know how to get back?" I threw my hands up, "How in the hell am I supposed know? You're the one driving!"

With clinched teeth, Tim growled, "That's right Princess. While I was driving... you were playing with your precious iPhone!" Gulp. Needless to say, we didn't speak for 10 mins after.

All is good now. LOL.

Tim and I at the tennis banquet:
I enjoyed pinching the nips of my hunky doubles partner Troy:

Me looking for Club Dallas:

7 Comments:

Blogger RG said...

I give it six months. Tops. Then come see me. ;)

October 12, 2010  
Blogger cb said...

However, my guess is that buttsex WAS had. Me want details!

October 12, 2010  
Blogger Jeff in Toledo said...

We call our GPS lady Heidi and constantly call her bad names.

(And Brett, you do spent waaaaay too much time on your phone.)

October 12, 2010  
Blogger Alan Bennett Ilagan said...

That first photo is genius.

October 12, 2010  
Blogger Raybeard said...

Watching a game with your husky-hottie self being one of the players must be so distracting for spectators - and watching you play tennis would be even harder!

October 13, 2010  
Blogger Blobby said...

Princess! LOL.

no, HRH for you!

October 13, 2010  
Blogger WranglerMan said...

I'm glad that you thought enough to care for Tim during the tournament, all the while concentrating on the game. He's a lucky man!

Best to you both!

October 13, 2010  

Post a Comment

<< Home