Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Good Morning Baltimore

I have never been to Baltimore, but I will be flying there tomorrow. I have absolutely no clue what to expect. Is Baltimore even beautiful? My only point of reference is the movie "Hairspray".

Is Baltimore festering with racial tension and frumpy big haired girls? Will Maryland Terp fans beat me up for all the times I have poked fun of their underachieving football program? (I fondly refer to them as the "Maryland Twerps!")

This trip will be interesting on so many levels. Not only do I have to dress up all fancy, but I must share a room with a straight co-worker (awkward!). We have never talked about the fact that I am a "Heauxmeaux", but I am sure my Dad has already blabbed it to him.

My co-workers have been snickering about it all week. Whatev. Can we please all act like adults? I will have my own bed. Ain't nobody gonna be jumping in the other's bed. LOL.

If I get an itch, I can always cab it to the Eagle. $1 draft beer tomorrow night! Let's all pray I don't come down with a case of Miss Baltimore Crabs. Ahem.

12 Comments:

Blogger A Lewis said...

Nothing wrong at all with your dad telling the co-worker that you're a twink....in fact, it's high time he knew about it. Now, get the boy a six-pack (not abs) and get him drunk. No telling what may happen.

October 19, 2010  
Blogger Jeff in Toledo said...

Baltimore is just "North" Washington D.C.


(And how come you didn't tell us you're on SWAMP PEOPLE ?)

October 19, 2010  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ooh. Take a picture of him sleeping. That's hot. Unless he's not.

October 19, 2010  
Blogger RG said...

Baltimore is a pit. Enjoy.

October 19, 2010  
Anonymous anne marie in philly said...

nothing wrong with charm city...great seafood, check out the little italy section of town, fells point, the national aquarium.

and it's pronounced BAWL-mer (native speak).

have a good time!

October 19, 2010  
Blogger publius100 said...

Baltimore is Baltimore. Insular. People don't normally leave there. A lot of times they wind up filling the same job their daddy did. Nothing changes very much, just people going about their ordinary lives. But winter starts around the third week of September with gray skies and depressing wetness and spring doesn't arrive until the beginning of May. I grew up there from age 8 to 21. I know. That's why I'm back in my native Atlanta. Blue skies.

October 20, 2010  
Blogger Blobby said...

Yeah - like your Dad had to tell that little tid bit of info? I mean, is the co-worker blind AND deaf??

And when you say the movie 'Hairspray', for g-d's sake, I hope you're talking about the original and not that shiteous one w/John Ravolta.

October 20, 2010  
Blogger keeprnla said...

Hope your flight wasn't delayed due to this bad weather, although it sounds like you wouldn't mind if it was canceled. With your dry wit, I'm sure you'll find something to chuckle about even if its only to yourself.

October 20, 2010  
Blogger Homer said...

Oh, some of my favorite bloggers live in Baltimore, all in the same house!

October 20, 2010  
Anonymous ZANE said...

i guess you are going with hopes of getting on the Corky Collins show...

You will find the best thing about Baltimore is leaving the dump.

I think you may also be safer leaving your Hello Kitty luggage at home this time...

October 21, 2010  
Blogger TonkaManOR said...

If you had a brain, you would know that the Terps are in College Park Maryland, not Baltimore. Of course you were educated in Louisiana, which explains a lot about you.

The Baltimore campus is the Retrievers.

Sometimes you are such an ass!

October 21, 2010  
Blogger Paul said...

I'm coming to New Orleans on Sunday ... does this mean that you're not going to be around?

October 22, 2010  

Post a Comment

<< Home