Wednesday, April 14, 2010

The Quest for Validation


Being single has served me well. There is no whiny boyfriend preventing me from playing in four tennis leagues. I have been averaging 4-5 matches every week. Those 2 hours of intense cardio each time I play give me the stamina of a horse. I can go for HOURS.

I've been winning... LOTS! I finished the Flex League at a perfect 6-0. I am 5-1 in the USTA League and 4-0 in the local men's doubles league. Hopefully, these winning ways will translate into a tennis championship in this weekend's Fleur de Lis Tournament in New Orleans.

My doubles partner is a SEXY MOFO. Grrr... we have seen each other's names on the tennis circuit, but have never met. He found me on a social networking site and asked if I could be his doubles partner. I wasted no time in going BOING saying SURE!

I'll be posting lots of pictures and stories of my run through the tennis tournament, which starts this Friday. Wish me luck! ;)

10 Comments:

Blogger Julius Seizure - Jim to my Peeps said...

I can go for HOURS.

I'm sure you can, child. I'm sure you can.

April 14, 2010  
Blogger WranglerMan said...

Knock 'em dead, Brett!

When playing doubles, I always like to check out my partner's butt, as he hunkers down to return the ball after I serve it. Hope your partner gives you a sweet view of his that will inspire you to win the trophy cup!

April 14, 2010  
Blogger RG said...

Oh and congrats on winning of the tennis matches. You go boy!

April 14, 2010  
Blogger RG said...

So, with all that cardio, you must have lots of stamina huh? And your legs and butt just scream of the promise of power. Mmmmm...legs and butt...aaarrrggghhhllll...

April 14, 2010  
Blogger mikeinbama said...

Congratulations on your tennis leagues. I haven't been on the tennis courts in months.

April 14, 2010  
Blogger Raybeard said...

Do you grunt when you deliver those aces? .....And how about when you play tennis?

April 15, 2010  
Blogger TonkaManOR said...

Social Networking? Oh, you mean Grindr!

April 15, 2010  
Blogger Blobby said...

Your quest for validation is daily - and eternal. Whether it be tennis, blogging, um...."socializing" or whatever.

We're down w/it. And used to it.

April 15, 2010  
Blogger Ice John's World said...

Beat them all and show off your champion trophy soon!

April 16, 2010  
Anonymous Kevin M said...

So now that you lost early on, where do you go for validation?

April 18, 2010  

Post a Comment

<< Home