Monday, April 19, 2010

Fleur De Lis Tournament


The great GLTA Fleur De Lis Tournament is over and I am one tired MOFO. I was pleasantly surprised with my play. I have been winning a lot lately and I was curious if that would show up in the tournament. What if I were not playing quality opponents? Well, playing four matches on the first day sure answered that question and tested my endurance. You can checkout my tournament results here.

As you can see, I won my first two singles matches to advance to the Quarterfinals. It was here where I was eliminated 6-4, 6-4. My opponent was an excellent player. I didn't feel bad about losing, because the score was close and I played to the very best of my ability.

In doubles, my partner Martin (shown above) and I won a long match in the first round. Our reward was playing another match thirty minutes later. We lost that one 7-6, 6-0. I was out on the courts and in the sun for at least 8 hours on the first day. BRUTAL!


This is me donning what I call my "Blue Smurf" body armor. It is my favorite shirt. I reserve it for times when I face a challenging opponent. For some reason, it gives me courage to kick ass on the courts.


Pictured above is me with a friend (John). We were both up early Saturday warming up for our matches. Sadly, we were both eliminated on this day.

1 Comments:

Blogger WranglerMan said...

I'm glad that you played your best! You look in fine form. Blue is your color.

Wait til next year. It will be you who eliminates the competition.

April 19, 2010  

Post a Comment

<< Home