Monday, November 09, 2009

HouTex29 Tournament







Well, I am back from Houston, Texas. From head to toe, I am bruised and beaten up. If you see how much I am limping around, you would think I had been in a bad car accident. Playing seven intense tennis matches in 72 hours will do that to a 39 year old body.

I did have a successful tournament. You can check my run through the tournament here and here. I won two Finalist trophies (Singles and Doubles). What is a Finalist trophy? That is a trophy given to an individual making it to the Championship game, but not winning.

I was very close to winning both championship games, until an untimely pulled calf muscle rendered me unable to run. Even after an injury timeout and lots of icing, I could barely move in any direction without extreme pain. Rather than withdrawing due to injury, I played out my matches to give my opponents the satisfication of playing and winning a Championship match.

As for the others... E.Shrew won the Consolation Tournament after both he and Whipping Boy were ousted in the first round. I did have the pleasure of knocking out E.Shrew in Doubles on Friday (EVIL GRIN). The "Devil" did very well in a higher division, but he ultimately lost to a very talented player.

I would like to say thanks to my doubles partner Chip, who didn't get upset when I was unable to move well yesterday. Special thanks to Coach Tim for being such a wonderful host to me over the weekend. He is the one that took the great photos you see posted here.

9 Comments:

Blogger mikeinbama said...

Congratulations....! Now, it's time to give your body a rest.

Oh yeah, Alabama 24 LSU 15...SEC West Champions! 9-0

November 09, 2009  
Blogger Brent said...

Congrats.. we knew you could do it.

November 09, 2009  
Blogger Blobby said...

you're always a winner!

November 09, 2009  
Blogger Nik_TheGreek said...

Congratulations!

November 10, 2009  
Blogger RG said...

Congratulations!

Wait until you turn 40, when you throw your back out just answering the phone! :)

November 10, 2009  
Blogger Larry Ohio said...

Sorry about your calf Brett. That muscle has been giving you so much trouble lately. I'm very happy you made it to the championship rounds.

Remember a few weeks ago when you were moaning about being mediocre? I hope this tournament puts that thought out of your head permanently.

November 10, 2009  
Blogger Lacey said...

most importantly, you look really HOT in that cute outfit...

November 11, 2009  
Blogger WranglerMan said...

Congratulations, Brett!

It sounds as if you had a great time!

Can't wait until next year!!

November 11, 2009  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well done ... I saw a T shirt the other day printed on it was "Second place is the first loser" So . . . you are still in first place! Luv Ya

November 12, 2009  

Post a Comment

<< Home