Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Adventures in Traveling


There is a wonderous world out all around us. For the Brave, swashbuckling adventure await. For the meek... relegation to the same old lot in life. The questions we face: Do we continue on the same linear trajectory? Or do we leave the comfort of our shores and sail out to the great wide unknown?

The Siren call beckons me. I can no longer ignore it. I must seek it out... no matter how far or how difficult the journey may be. You see, there has been something missing in my life for quite some time. I am vowing to find that elusive piece.

On December 1st, the maiden voyage embarks. I'll set my sails on the high seas and begin yet another chapter in my single life. May the crosswinds set the course for an interesting life in New Orleans.

Wish me luck!

16 Comments:

Blogger Larry Ohio said...

It's exciting to begin a new journey in life, isn't it? Good luck, and more power to you for heading out.

Greg and I are looking for a houseboy if you are interested. You can shovel our driveway this winter to keep in shape, and God knows this town needs a jolt of life!

Just kidding, Brett. Can't wait to find out where the four winds take you.

November 24, 2009  
Blogger Julius Seizure - Jim to my Peeps said...

Oh, Brett, I'm sure whereever you go you'll find a "piece."

November 24, 2009  
Blogger Jim-The Gaudy Garden said...

Don't forget your computer!

November 24, 2009  
Blogger Jeff in Toledo said...

So you're moving to Alabama?

November 24, 2009  
Blogger Homer said...

Good lord, that was almost poetic or something like that.

November 24, 2009  
Anonymous john said...

Are you taking your cock with you?

November 24, 2009  
Blogger Blobby said...

My g-d - are you finally going east of the Mississippi?

November 24, 2009  
Blogger Brettcajun said...

Umm... I have ALWAYS lived east of the Mississippi.

November 24, 2009  
Blogger RG said...

Oh my! Do keep us informed.

November 25, 2009  
Blogger publius100 said...

Whaa??

November 25, 2009  
Blogger Ice John's World said...

Good luck for your adventure!

November 25, 2009  
Blogger Stephen said...

Brett,
May the road rise to meet you
May the wind be always at your back
The sun shine warm upon your face
The rains fall soft upon your fields
And until we meet again,
May God hold you in the hollow of his hand.
Best of luck in your new adventure.

November 25, 2009  
Blogger mikeinbama said...

Good Luck Brett and Happy Thanksgiving

November 26, 2009  
Blogger Kelly said...

Hey you sexy Turkey... have a great day and good luck beating your brother in the football game...Happy Thanksgiving!!!

November 26, 2009  
Anonymous Kevin M said...

I appreciate Brett's poetic language as much as anyone (well, okay, not as much as some obviously) but I think all this talk of adventure, life changing, and so forth translates into "I'm going on a cruise".

November 26, 2009  
Blogger Billy Boy Dee said...

You're from New Orleans? Damn, I don't hear a trace of an accent!

November 26, 2009  

Post a Comment

<< Home