Tuesday, June 09, 2009

My Latch Key Child


I am not perfect, nor do I pretend to be. I can admit that I have selfishly lived a hectic lifestyle since becoming single. Between gym workouts, tennis matches, and non-stop weekend merriment, I am barely home.

Everytime I see my Ex out, he says... "those poor dogs". I used to think he was trying to make me feel guilty, so I'd go home and he would have New Orleans all to himself. Now I find myself agreeing with him.

Boudreaux and Pierre are exhibiting signs that they are not getting enough attention. It breaks my heart thinking how they have already reached half their life expectantcy. They deserve a higher quality of life.

I have made a vow to make some changes. I'll devote much more time to my furry children. Instead of being lazy and letting them run in their backyard, I'll take them on walking adventures. Hell, I may even let them roam free on the farm sometimes (under close supervision).

This coming weekend will bring an excellent opportunity to take my children on a mini-vacay. I am house sitting for a couple, who have a nice backyard complete with a pool and deck. We can take long walks in a different environment and play in the pool all weekend. I would love to see Boudreaux and Pierre swim again... it's been years!

Love your pets dearly. They only have a limited time here on Earth. Let's focus less on ourselves and give our pets the attention they deserve!

6 Comments:

Blogger Mike said...

We have a cat, Tammy, she is 11yrs and is a spoiled child. Unlike a dog she doesn't desire as much attention as she does sleep most of the time. Be sure and don't let the kids out by the pool alone unless they have a way to get out by themselves. Your a good daddy, Later, Mike studio city, ca

June 09, 2009  
Blogger Timmy said...

I know what you mean. Sometimes I feel guilty leaving Calvin alone so much.

June 09, 2009  
Blogger Gooster said...

blah blah blah new photo opportunities blah blah. LOL

June 09, 2009  
Blogger Curtis said...

My little Sadie girl died in my arms after 12 years. Her adopted brother Emmit, died in my arms of a broken heart one year later.

I have no pets now.

June 09, 2009  
Blogger Mark in DE said...

I know what you mean. Although our dog has a tendancy to get on my nerves, she is about 15 and will not be around forever.

June 09, 2009  
Blogger Lacey said...

"Let's focus less on ourselves..."

Coming from you, that's RICH. Just sayin'.

June 11, 2009  

Post a Comment

<< Home