Wednesday, June 17, 2009

High Noon on the Ponderosa


Sometimes you must stand up and be a real man. A rival gunslinger is coming after me. Sporting a shiny pistol, he has every intent on making me a notch on his belt loop.

What am I talking about? I am talking about the Flex League playoffs. While he won his division, I put on a decent performance to finish second in my division.

This outlaw is one badass on the tennis court. He is known for having a killer serve, screaming temper tantrums, and throwing racquets. Just last week, he hit E.Shrew's female double partner in the forehead with a tennis ball. He even tried to take away the Shrew's manhood by hitting him in the crotch. In other words, he is one bad ass motherfucker.

And I have to play him at 5:30pm today in G-Town. We have never played each other in singles, but I have a woeful 0-4 record against him in doubles. It's high noon on the Ponderosa and he's coming after me. Gulp!

6 Comments:

Blogger A Lewis said...

I see that Sweet Home Alabma had a profound effect on you.

June 17, 2009  
Blogger mikeinbama said...

Good Luck! Remember, play your game and don't let him dictate the points.

June 17, 2009  
Blogger RG said...

Kick His Fucking Ass.

June 17, 2009  
Blogger Brettcajun said...

SNIFF. I raced out to a 5-1 lead in the first set. In his own words, "you were kicking my ass hitting those corners and you weren't missing anything!" Unfortunately, I got stuck in a safe/tentative mode and stayed there. I hung on to win the first set 6-4, but he blew me out the second set 6-1. In the 10 point tiebreaker 3rd set, he beat me 10-6. Ugh. I am proud of my play and he complimented how well I hit the ball. We will play future matches together because it was lots of fun.

June 17, 2009  
Blogger RG said...

At least you made him work really hard for the win. Good for you - now fly to Boston for your massage.

June 18, 2009  
Blogger AJohnP said...

Great job...at least you made him work for it.

June 18, 2009  

Post a Comment

<< Home