Tuesday, June 30, 2009

The Adventures of "Swollen Knee"

You should see me on the tennis courts. I am superhuman. Within a split second, I can take off and chase down any tennis ball. My speed is the fastest in the men's league.

This great athletic feat comes at a price though. If I were a Native American, my name would be "Swollen Knee". There has been a nagging pain below my right knee for months. It feels swollen.

Instead of seeing a doctor about it, I have convinced myself that my knee is not really swollen. Nooooo siree! I have a need for blistering speed, so my body is busy morphing that knee into a scientific evolutionary breakthrough... a SUPER KNEE! It takes time to build such a marvel.

In the meantime, I am still running on the tennis courts with lightening speed. There is always pain when I began to run, but once that blood gets to pumping it magically goes away.

I am just your typical male choosing to be stubborn in denial and Doctor phobic. Ahem.

10 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

yadda yadaa not as young as you used to be yadda yadda get it sorted before you loose the ability to play tennis yadda

June 30, 2009  
Blogger RG said...

Are you going to post the video of you on the tennis court when your knee gives out and your writhing around screaming in pain?

You're an idiot. Go to the doctor already. Jeesh.

June 30, 2009  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

DELUSIONAL: A PERSISTENT FALSE PSYCHOTIC BELIEF REGARDING THE SELF OR PERSONS OR OBJECTS OUTSIDE THE SELF THAT IS MAINTAINED DESPITE INDISPUTABLE EVIDENCE TO THE CONTRARY.

DEFINITION 2:
DELUSIONAL: YOU

June 30, 2009  
Blogger cb said...

You are undoubtedly fast due to the shorter muscle fibers in your legs...

June 30, 2009  
Blogger Mathias N Oz said...

I think CB just called you short? Oh... and I blame you... this getting old thing is contagious... and since your birthday was before mine... that makes you typhoid mary.

June 30, 2009  
Blogger Jim said...

Poor babe! (I mean that literally, you're so young)

Go see the doc, maybe he'll be a hottie and will make you completely disrobe to check out your knee.

June 30, 2009  
Blogger The Mutant said...

See, the thing about stuff that you ignore is that when it gets so crippling that you can't stand it, its often too late to do much about it.

I assume that this post is your way of saying you've been to a doc to have it checked out, right?

July 01, 2009  
Blogger AJohnP said...

Get thee to a doctor, before you find yourself incapacitated, stuck on the couch, and unable to move - while the pounds pack on...

That'll get you moving!!!

July 01, 2009  
Blogger mikeinbama said...

Take some time off the hard courts and you're knee will get better. If you have Har-Tru clay courts I suggest giving them a try. The surface will take the pressure off your knees.

July 01, 2009  
Blogger Mark in DE said...

Beware: ignoring painful symptoms can cause irrepairable damage. Better see a doctor and cut down on the superhuman tennis playing so the knee can heal.

July 01, 2009  

Post a Comment

<< Home