Sunday, November 09, 2008

HouTex Tennis Tournament


On the first day of the HouTex Tennis Tournament, all three of us (me, Monte, and E.Shrew) won our first round matches. Unfortunately, we were all beaten in the second round shortly after. The funny thing about tennis tournaments is that you can feel like you are on top of the world one moment, then like a BIG LOSER the next. Why we keep coming back for more is beyond me!


It was at this tournament that I rolled out a new doubles partner (Monte), whose height advantage would make up for my SHORTcomings. We played a real tough doubles team last night and consistently fed them the ball at the net. That's NOT a good thing. We got beat 6-2, 6-3. So, we tucked our tails between our legs and promised to play better in the Doubles Consolation Tournament today. To be "Consolation Queens", we will have to win three doubles matches today in pro sets and win a regular match in the finals tomorrow. Wish us luck!

9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah, I feel that way, too, in C Singles.

For doubles, I felt awful when my team was beaten badly in a first round. The score was 6-2, 6-1.

Wish you guys the best today. My team meeting your team in Consolation doubles finals is very possible.

Brian D

November 09, 2008  
Blogger FXOffroad said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

November 09, 2008  
Blogger FXOffroad said...

Brett... I don't know how anyone could have possibly beaten you while you were wearing those yellow shorts. My lourd. :-)

November 09, 2008  
Blogger Mathias N Oz said...

Good luck and kick some butt!

November 09, 2008  
Blogger Kyle said...

that is some bright yellow, honey.....

November 09, 2008  
Blogger JC said...

Maybe if you would have been wearing some purple shorts with that yellow top you could have sent some good Cajun GRIS-GRIS Karma out to the tigers and LSU would have done better...

It made me think about that new movie Jennifer Hudson that is coming out soon, 'Secret life of bees'

I hope you got to be the top Queen, even if only for the day

November 09, 2008  
OpenID fendor said...

That is Yaller...

November 10, 2008  
Blogger mikeinbama said...

Hello Brett,

I hope you had a great time in Houston at your tournament. I also had a great time in Baton Rouge this weekend. After the overtime victory, I immediately thought about you.

Roll Tide...10-0 SEC Western Division Champions

November 10, 2008  
Blogger cb said...

Good luck! And whatever you do, don't come home a loser like LSU!

November 10, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home