Monday, November 10, 2008

Back from Houston, Ya'll!


Here I am pictured with the very athletic Andrew from Austin who is wearing the opposite Addidas outfit. We thought the contrast was quite funny in our second round matchup. Is it just me or does Andrew look mightily happy to have his arms around me? Look closer. LOL. Andrew has the exact same tennis game of the foe that eliminated me in Dallas last month. I must develop an answer for this type of play. Grr...

Needless to say, I am quite proud of my tennis play. This was the second tournament playing in a higher division. By winning my first match, I got as many points (100) as I would have received winning the Championship in the lower division. 

All was not lost, however, as I received many accolades from fellow tennis players on my new skills. That made me feel proud of all the effort I have put into my game. 

I would like to thank Coach Tim and his darling Niece for making our stay in Houston a pleasurable one. Coach Tim is the guy that first got me into tennis five years ago, and I have been hooked ever since! I may very well be going back to Houston in a couple weeks (while the Shrew is away in Europe) to challenge my former Master!  ;)

5 Comments:

Anonymous alnhouston said...

What is Andrews pocket? Glad you had a good time in H-town.

November 10, 2008  
Blogger Jay said...

Brett, I see you are having a good time with your tennis...you have done a good job of blocking out the disappointment that is LSU football this year...go ahead, have yourself a good cry. You'll feel better... ;)

November 10, 2008  
Blogger cb said...

Is that a can of tennis balls????

November 11, 2008  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bring it Brett! Look forward to showing you what the "master" can do even with an artificial hip and ankle joint! See you the 21st.

Coach Tim

November 11, 2008  
Blogger JC said...

Packing big fuzzy balls and he is an Aggie - no wonder you succumbed to his charm.

Gig'em

November 11, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home