Monday, June 30, 2008

What Wall-E Means to Me


While E.Shrew was in line to get a jumbo diet coke and junior mints, I found us two seats to Wall-E in a packed theatre. I panicked that the Shrew would have a heart attack the moment he saw all the small children who were in attendance. Small children typically tend to annoy the Shrew. Fortunately, these children were quite well behaved and not bratty at all!

The movie gives you a good glimpse of what Earth would be like if we continue on with our wasteful consumerism. The worst part was seeing how the humans evolved. Everytime the humans of the future drank a shake, it reminded me of a certain blogger helping himself to a big smoothee. LOL. Okay...SRSLY... I am not talking about DBud! That would be like cutting off my nose to spite my face.

We both very much enjoyed Wall-E. You couldn't help but cheer for the romance between the robots Eve and Wall-E. After leaving the theatre, every single person should have walked out feeling like a disgustingly fat American consumer. Even I did, and I am NOT fat!

This movie did make me think of the waste I contribute on a daily basis. That would have to be my expensive driving habit. Anytime I drive to New Orleans to play Monte or Tom in tennis, it costs me $24 of gas. That's very indulgent of me considering I do it 1-2 times a week.

I then began to wonder why I didn't carpool with my dad or my oldest brother. They only live a few hundred yards away from me, and we all travel to the same workplace five days a week in three gas guzzling American made vehicles. I could definitely save some money (and our environment) by sharing a ride each day. It would be so simple to do.

Just thinking about, I would probably save money on food costs as well. Since I couldn't drive anywhere for lunch, it would force me to pack a sandwich for work instead of frequenting the many local restaurants near my workplace. A sandwich costs a lot less than the $12-$18 I typically spend daily on lunch.

Hmm? I could help the environment AND save money. That's a WIN WIN situation to ponder.

11 Comments:

Blogger Curtis said...

Now your talking!

June 30, 2008  
Blogger TonkaManOR said...

Just think if you biked to work? How much tighter your body would be and how fit you would become on the tennis court?

I bike to and from work and pack my lunch too. Feels good!

June 30, 2008  
Blogger Lewis said...

Me and the Shrew share two things: A distaste for rotten little noisy children and a serious taste for Junior Mints. I like him already.

June 30, 2008  
Blogger cb said...

I'm glad you liked WALL-E. I found it absolutely charming. And I cried in it.

June 30, 2008  
Blogger Ryan Charisma said...

So the war, the government, and global warming couldn't get you to car pool but a Disney/Pixar movie did?

Well, I'm glad something did.

Congrats.

June 30, 2008  
Blogger -Tony- said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

June 30, 2008  
Blogger -Tony- said...

Didn't get a chance to screen this one yet. We did see "WANTED", lots of fun.

Maybe you should make your own tacos instead of that crappy Taco Bell?

June 30, 2008  
Blogger publius100 said...

Will be in Baton Rouge Saturday. What part you in?

June 30, 2008  
Blogger Adam said...

I had the same reaction to the movie times TEN, Brett. I absolutely loved the movie and was really emotionally affected by it, I'm actually depressed today still from it. The trash, the fat people, the irony that a robot left alone on a dirty earth longed for interaction while fat slobs in space didn't even realize they had people around them....sigh.

June 30, 2008  
Blogger Mathias N Oz said...

Where are you eating lunch that costs that much? I feel guilty spending $6 on a Sammie meal from Quizno.

June 30, 2008  
Anonymous Jeff said...

"Small children typically tend to annoy the Shrew."

Then how do you explain his attraction to you?

July 01, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home