Saturday, June 14, 2008

Creole Tomato Festival

New Orleans celebrates the Creole Tomato this weekend. Louisiana tomatoes are not banned from consumption. I, for one, am glad because I love tomatoes.

The weather was so hot today. While we ate our pulled pork sandwiches, we sought shelter in the French Market. They have completely redone this area after Katrina and it is so much nicer.


This Cajun staple, Crawfish Etouffee, was excellent with stewed tomatoes! It is one of my favorite dishes:

The French Quarter has plenty of these historical signs all around. It was so hot, I had to take my shirt off with my "Ripe & Ready" tomato sticker.

Considering that I played four straight hours of tennis this morning AND attended the Creole Tomato festival, I am sure I smelled pretty ripe to most ALL DAY. Some of you may be into this:

As you can see, I am still keeping my shape by playing lots of tennis. I have yet to work out in a gym and be the Muscle Bear I want to be. Oh well...


8 Comments:

Blogger Kelly said...

if you are ripe and ready, i am ready to pick you...slurp

June 14, 2008  
Blogger mikeinbama said...

Hot as always!

June 14, 2008  
Blogger Timmy said...

Sounds like a fun time. You get to have all of the fun!

About the ripe factor...

You know I *heart* you and think you're sexy as all get out but uh...I'd have to soap you up before I took a sniff. :-)

June 14, 2008  
Blogger Kyle said...

YOU look WONDERFUL , for someone about to be .. thirty________!

June 14, 2008  
Blogger Ray's Cowboy said...

Woof. I love to see mroe of you. but be careful about the tomatoes, I would hate something to happen to you.
Ray

June 15, 2008  
Blogger cb said...

Well, hopefully you successfully avoided the "salmonella tomatoes".

June 16, 2008  
Blogger Daniel said...

*whimper*

June 16, 2008  
Anonymous Rick said...

My computer is not equipped with the scratch 'n' sniff feature I require. Where oh where may I purchase it?

June 18, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home