Monday, March 24, 2008

The Blanket


For over five years, the blanket has kept me warm. Whenever I lay down to watch television, the blanket is always there with me. When Boudreaux got kicked in the head by a crazy horse and almost died, the blanket was there to comfort him back to good health for five days. When we introduced six weeks old Jack Shrew to my Dachshunds, the blanket was there to give the newest baby in the family comfort. The blanket is always there on the couch comforting all of us.

My Aunt Donna spent well over a year making the blanket. It was my favorite Christmas gift because of the amount of time and love she put into creating it.

Thank you Aunt Donna for enriching my life. You were always there rooting for me to overcome my challenges when I was struggling. You finally got the chance to meet my partner for the first time late last year. You got to see your nephew truly happy in his personal life. We finally had that understanding that I had successfully overcome my biggest challenge in life. I was being true to myself.

I shall never forget what a wonderful person you are Aunt Donna. I am so sad that you left us on Saturday, March 22, 2008. May you rest in peace. God Bless.

Love,

Your Nephew Brett

10 Comments:

Blogger Paul said...

I know it's always hard to let go of someone you love.

Please accept my heartfelt condolences.

March 24, 2008  
Blogger Curtis said...

My deepest condolences, Brett.

March 24, 2008  
OpenID emeraldcityguy said...

You have my deepest sympathies Brett. I'm so sorry for your loss.

March 24, 2008  
OpenID anythingbutsad said...

Awww, Brett, I'm sorry.

March 24, 2008  
Blogger Jim (the Canuck One) said...

In a sense, you are very lucky. You have a tangible connection to her - made at her own hand - that will keep her with you always.

Peace and strength, big guy.

March 24, 2008  
OpenID chiptalks said...

beautiful post. I am sorry to hear this. Here's a big hug from Tennessee

March 24, 2008  
Blogger mikeinbama said...

My deepest condolences to you and your family.

March 24, 2008  
Blogger Timmy said...

Sorry to hear about the death of you aunt. The blanket probably just took on extra meaning and value so hang it to for as long as you can.

March 25, 2008  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

what a beautiful tribute....my eyes are welling with tears...

Peace and Love

BIGmomma

March 25, 2008  
Blogger TonkaManOR said...

As something having recently dealt a blow like this, my thoughts are with you!

Jim

March 25, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home