Friday, March 14, 2008

AND SO IT BEGINS...


Day #1 of the Austin Tennis Tournament. No more time for practice or trash talking. Now is the time to play! The biggest unknown is not how well we'll do today, but what we'll wear. Since I am the #3 seed and I get a first round bye, I am choosing to wear my Boiish red stripped muscle tee. Red is the perfect color. As a color of strength, health, and vitality, Red is often the color chosen by someone outgoing, aggressive, vigorous and impulsive. That's according to "The Healing Power of Color" by Betty Wood (Inner Traditions, 1998). I want my first singles opponent to know they are playing with a hungry and charging Bull today!

Whipping Boy and E.Shrew have a taller task today. While I only have one singles match and one doubles match, they each must play two singles matches and one doubles match. I get the luxury of watching a match between two opponents who must face-off this morning before they battle me today at 12:30. It took me lots of hard work and a long time to finally be seeded in a tournament, but now I get to reap the benefits.

The way the brackets run, I will not face E.Shrew unless we were to meet in the Championship Game. He is on the opposite end of the bracket. Whipping Boy and I are headed on a collision course in the Quarterfinals (which starts at 9:30am tomorrow). Even though I know my opponent very well, I am not looking forward to the match up. There is going to be a LONG seven hour drive for someone come Sunday if this chance meeting happens. Fortunately, Whipping Boy and I are doubles partners in this tournament. We'll get to play together as a team at 5pm in the first round.

I will update our progress in the first day of the Austin tennis tournament around 3pm Central today. Wish us luck! :)

4 Comments:

Blogger Lewis said...

"And so it begins...." What? Holy Week? St. Patrick's Day celebrations? My nephew's birthday? Oh, yeah....that's right...you playing with balls and boys again. You know you're the best. Giant good wishes to a great friend.

March 14, 2008  
Blogger Brettcajun said...

Hey guys... it is 2:51pm here in Austin, TX. The Shrew had to withdraw because of injury to his calf muscle. That sucked because he was playing well. The match was tied at 1-1 when this happened. He's okay.

Whipping Boy lost 6-2, 6-2 in the first round. :( So, we wont be playing tomorrow morning afterall.

I waxed my second round opponent 6-0, 6-1. I hit the ball REALLY well. The funny thing about this game is that I had overhead him telling someone that he felt REALLY GOOD about his chances in this game than he previous one he had played that same day. I was PISSED. I showed him!!! LOL

So, I am in the Quarterfinals. I play my next singles match at 9:30am tomorrow. :)

March 14, 2008  
Blogger Timmy said...

Congrats on the win and sorry about the Shrew.

BTW...you look all sexy when you sweat.

March 14, 2008  
Blogger Brettcajun said...

Whipping Boy and I made it past the first round in Doubes. We won 6-1, 7-5. We blew a 4-0 lead in the 2nd set, before rallying back to win the last two games. Whew! We live for another day.

My next match is at 9:30am in Singles Quarterfinals. Then we play doubles at 2pm.

March 14, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home