Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Whacking at Fuzzy Balls on Crack!

One hour before my tennis match with Whipping Boy, I began to panic. I felt like Whitney on crack! I have been sick for exactly one week. I have just been sniffing Nasacort and taking Claritin D. Today, I began taking a 750 mg antibiotic named Levaquin. Mix in the Adderall XR... and I was pretty much an astronaut.

I didn't care. I was tired of resting hoping I would get better. After eleven days of sitting on my ass after work, I was determined to will myself back to good health. So I met my nemesis Whipping Boy on the court tonight. I knew this was Whipping Boy's best chance to beat me and end his horrible losing streak. Because I felt over medicated, I begged him to let us call it a "scrimmage" so it wouldn't count towards the Queen's Cup. Doh!

As it turned out, playing tennis on crack was a formidable weapon. My reaction time and hauling ass ability was slower than usual. At the net, I did not have the sharp attention necessary to bully it. So... how did it help? Neither Whipping Boy nor I knew where I was going to hit the ball. After 3,000 games against one another... there are not many surprises. I had some whack job swings... but they lead to impossible drop shots. Whipping Boy could only HISS at my "lucky shots".

I won a respectable victory 6-3, 6-3. The match was over after only an hour and fifteen minutes. We usually go three sets for two and a half hours. Not tonight. I left the tennis court feeling GREAT. It was such an awesome feeling to have those leg and glute muscles working again. Victory was even sweeter! But... I screwed that part up... it didn't count. :(

8 Comments:

Blogger Paul said...

I don't know, Brett, claiming that you're not in top shape before you even play is a little suspect.

Why don't you two just arm wrestle for the match?

December 12, 2007  
Blogger mikeinbama said...

Hey Brett, congratulations on your tennis match. I'm 4.0 USTA league player and our winter season starts the first of January. I love the competition. I just found your blog and damn, you're a cutie.

December 12, 2007  
Anonymous Jeff said...

He just felt sorry for your ass and gave you a pity win.

December 13, 2007  
Blogger Gooster said...

Good for you!

December 13, 2007  
Blogger Paul said...

Good to hear the outcome. So what were you worried about?

December 13, 2007  
Anonymous Frank said...

Hi Brett,

If you have a cold or the flu and are using antibiotics, you really are overmedicating. These illnesses are caused by viruses. Antibiotics work only against bacteria. Viruses are harder to deal with for this reason, and the best weapon we still have is our immune system. This means you need to rest until you recover.

December 13, 2007  
Anonymous Heath said...

Hi Brett
I have to agree with Frank...
antibiotics are not helpful at fighting viral infections. Your body needs lots of rest, fluids, and foods that stimulate your immune system....fruits, vegetables, vitamin C, etc.
Your medical expert

December 13, 2007  
Blogger BRETTCAJUN said...

You guys would be disappointed in knowing that I played a doubles match last night. I was running around for 2 hours even though I was hacking up phlegm. I didn't care we lost 6-4, 6-1. It's time my body got the message that I am OVER being sick and I was not giving it anymore time to rest. There! :P

December 14, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home