Monday, December 17, 2007

Crawling Out of Last Place!

What a thrilling victory! I narrowly escaped losing to Heath tonight by a score of: 6-7, 6-3, 7-5. It was an intensely fought tennis match. We were both super fast and returned impossible shot after impossible shot.  I was even down 1-4 in the third set, before rallying to win the next 6 out of 7 games. Whew! It will rank up there as one of my most exciting victories ever. I actually felt bad that one of us had to lose the game tonight. We both played to the very best of our ability.

Since a disasterous start in The Queen's Cup, I have now won four straight matches. (One of my wins was a scrimmage and didn't count.) Heath may very well be the third best player out of our group. If Whipping Boy and E.Shrew would have the courage to play Heath, I think he would have a more respectable winning percentage.

Monte must have sensed an epic asswhooping looming because he backed out of playing me in tennis this past weekend. Wuss! I have a feeling his winning ways are over. I may be the only one out of the group that has the arsenal of weapons and steely determination to beat him.

The Queen's Cup Standings:
1. Monte (2-0) 1.00
2. Whipping Boy (1-1) .500
3. E.Shrew (1-1) .500
4. Brettcajun (3-4) .429
5. Heath (1-2) .333

1 Comments:

Blogger Matt said...

Queen's Cup? That sounds kinky. :)

December 18, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home