Monday, December 24, 2007

Christmas Eve: Queen's Cup Standings

After many games in the past week, I have gone 3-2 against opponents in the Queen's Cup. I beat Heath, E.Shrew and Whipping Boy. Heath bested Whipping Boy Friday night and improved to #2 in the rankings at 2-2. Monte beat me twice over the weekend to improve to the BEST record at 4-0. Monte won 7-5, 6-1 on Saturday, then squeaked by 6-4, 6-4 on Sunday in our last game. E.Shrew narrowly lost a match to me today 7-5, 7-6.

The standings right now are kind of distorted and imbalanced. Of the thirteen matches played, there has only been two matches that did not involve me. Whipping Boy beat E.Shrew. Heath beath Whipping Boy. I have been the only one to play Monte, where he is 4-0 against me. :( He is clearly the best player in our group.

I would probably be a solid #2 had others had to play the 200#'s of aggressive court presence that is Monte. In fact, I am 5-2 against Heath, Whipping Boy and E.Shrew. My overall record is (2-1) against Heath, (2-0) against Whipping Boy and (1-1) against E.Shrew.

In the coming weeks, my goal is to have equally played everyone. I have to crack the whip and make sure they continue to play each other. Once we start getting more cross-play, the standings will become a more accurate picture of reality.

The Queen's Cup Standings:
1. Monte (4-0) 1.00
2. Heath (2-2) .500
3. Brettcajun (5-6) .454
4. E.Shrew (1-2) .333
5. Whipping Boy (1-3) .250

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear of your bad luck this past weekened against the top ranked player in the KING'S CUP. Sounds like Monte might be a bit out of your league, but it's good to play those far above your skill level, as it only serves to improve your game. I know Monte, and I believe he is 188#s of pure aggression. If he keeps playing you, he will only become a leaner and meaner tennis machine!
What would Monte's record be if he played everyone equally??

December 24, 2007  
Blogger BRETTCAJUN said...

I think Monte's winning ways against me are over. I figured his little game out. He squeaked by 6-4, 6-4 after I had the lead in both sets late. He is lucky I play so much tennis because I am always sore. If I was well-rested like him, I know I would beat him and call him BITCH! all the time. ;)

December 24, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

...but shouldn't those who play consistently develop strength, endurance and stamina. Soreness should be the farthest word in their "Excuse" book. Lucky might be a closer adjective to describe brettcajun's closer encounters with the top players.... sweetheart...:)

December 24, 2007  
Blogger BRETTCAJUN said...

Ugh Huh. I know EXACTLY who you are "anonymous". I caught the keyword. ;) It'll be interesting down the stretch. I have slowly built up a game plan to beat the TWO TONS OF FUN. With every game, it gets tweaked a little more and the score gets closer. REAL SOON... it is going to result in endless victories at your expense. ;)

December 24, 2007  
Anonymous Jeff said...

Close only counts in horseshoes and grenades Coonass. Enough talk about tennis.

At this time of year we think about the birth of Christ. And the scholars(?) at LSU question why the Savior wasn't born in Louisiana as it is quite common for unwed mothers to give birth in barns in that state. However, the rest of us have known the reason for years; GOD COULDN'T FIND A VIRGIN, LET ALONE THREE WISE MEN.

December 25, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home