Friday, December 14, 2007

Blog of the Year

Thanks to Best Gay Blogs, I have been nominated for Blog of the Year. Thank you, Thank you. Now who do I need to blow for this? Give me any kind of award or trophy, and I WILL put out! Just ask the Bayou Grizzlies. My Mama always taught me to smile pretty on stage and wink at the judges. ;)

Seriously... it is a gleeful honor to be nominated. I think of my proudest moment on my blog. It would have to be the Jiggy Dance Whoreoff Competition. I came up with the idea after I was totally bored reading other blogs. I wanted some EXCITEMENT in the blogworld. That little contest was fun and brought a sense of community right here on my blog. At 44 comments, it was a ratings spectacular! To see Adam, Kelly, Mark and Patrick stick out their neck and join me in something silly like Jiggy Dancing... was one of my most proudest moments.

As for which Jiggy Dance is my personal favorite, it would have to be towards the middle of this video podcast. I had all my cool dance moves. I did Rockette kicks, the Pee Wee Herman, and even embraced "my baby" when Amy Winehouse mentioned hers. Jimbo would cringe at the dark green Crocs I wore in the dance routine. The best part is remembering how much my boyfriend was smiling as he held up my Mac Book Pro to record it. I think this was the exact turning point when E.Shrew finally became a "Brettcajun fan". ;)

Thanks to Tate for all the great photography! We are planning a second photo shoot REAL SOON. That'll give me another six months worth of risque photos to cram down your throats. ;) Don't groan. Some of you must like seeing them... you keep coming back. It can't be for the tennis stories!

So... thank you Best Gay Blogs for making my day. Thank you blog readers for your adoration, support, love-hate relationship with me. I am glad for all the time we have spent together. Let's look forward to many more years of togetherness. ;)

16 Comments:

Blogger Timmy said...

Congratulations! I love your blog!

December 14, 2007  
Blogger patrick said...

Brett...YOU ARE AWESOME! Congratulations on your nomination! You are such a celebrity, and I was so happy to have participated in your Jiggy Dance Whoreoff. Can't wait for the next one! Happy Holidays!

December 14, 2007  
Blogger BRETTCAJUN said...

Hey, I am ready to outjig you this time Patrick. You shocked me with your skillz. If I can convince CB, DBud, and a few others to do another one... it's on! ;)

December 14, 2007  
Blogger Atari_Age said...

They nominated you for Best Gay Blog of the year?

My god, they have no idea what they've just done.

:D

December 14, 2007  
Blogger Gooster said...

Congrats man! By the way, I have a trophy waiting for ya right here too! *G*

December 14, 2007  
Blogger patrick said...

It's not about winning it for me, it's about showing all my moves! I"m ready! It would be awesome to see Durban get jiggy wit it!

December 14, 2007  
Blogger BRETTCAJUN said...

DBud doesn't have my cool moves. Pursing your lip is NOT a dance move. ;)

December 14, 2007  
Blogger Kelly said...

did you notice who else was nominated??? mmm hmmm

December 14, 2007  
Blogger pankaj said...

My friends are all nominated (and me)! The awards ceremony will be like the year Meryl Streep, Cher, and Ellen Burstyn were all nominated for best actress.

December 14, 2007  
Blogger Sorata said...

Congrats. I love how your blog is the only one on the page that has a photo. What did you do, Brett? :D

December 15, 2007  
Blogger patrick said...

So funny!

December 15, 2007  
Blogger Tony (LT) said...

Congrats on the nomination. I don't know who you have to blow for it, but if you and Kelly Stern want to compete for my vote.....
well... ;-)

December 15, 2007  
Blogger Tate said...

a big congrats, and let's get the second photo shoot on a roll. Friends, you are going to love the next batch even more.

December 15, 2007  
Blogger Dave said...

congrats, Brett!

December 15, 2007  
Anonymous Derek said...

congrats, awesome, you can blow me if you need someone to blow, lol. Happy holidays.

December 16, 2007  
Blogger Zeitzeuge said...

I'm glad that the jiggy dance whore off was YOUR greatest accomplishment. For me? Pure embarrassment. :)

Congrats on the nomination.

December 17, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home