Friday, November 09, 2007

Hmfph!

Well, I was ousted out of the Singles tournament by the very good looking #2 seed Joe. I had a gameplan. When I executed my game plan of playing aggressively and rushing the net, it worked superbly. The first set was tied 2-2. So far... so good. But then I abandoned my strategy. I began playing further back at the baseline and trying to hit better than my opponent. BIG MISTAKE. Joe is the most consistent player I have ever faced. He rarely made an unforced error. I had no chance in a game of who will hit it out first?

The only time I showed great play was when I was right in front of the net. But I kept having these nagging feelings that sooner or later, Joe was going to start burning me if I stayed at the net every play. What a dumbass move! Joe raced ahead and I ended up losing in disasterous fashion 6-2, 6-1. My Hater's Club cheers! :(

The funny thing is that Joe even told me that I should have stuck with attacking the net the entire match. It was a strength that I should not have abandoned. Hearing this from my opponent was what I needed to hear. Why do I always plan for these type of games, yet fail in execution time and time again? Why do I forget everything I learned when I am on the court in a Tournament? UGH. I am REALLY unhappy with my boneheadness right now.

So, now I enter tomorrow's Consolation Tournament at 8am. Then I play two Doubles Matches. I made it to the Consolation Finals last year in Houston. I hope I have similar success. I certainly feel like I have a lot more to prove and play for right now. I'll let you know how I do tomorrow. I could potentially play 70-100 games in one day tomorrow. Wish me luck!

5 Comments:

Blogger Drew said...

Sorry you lost. You want a consolation BJ? ;-)

November 09, 2007  
Anonymous tom aka whipping boy said...

Hey guys Brett asked me to update anyone who cares and may be reading his blog on the weekend. Ok to the two of you who fit that description: WORLD GET READY!!!! Brett won both of his consolation matches this morning 8-5 and then 8-4. Brett is in the consolation finals tomorrow against stiff competition at 9:30 A.M. Brett begins his doubles tournament this afternoon. His partner in the tournament for doubles is the #1 seeded singles player. His doubles partner has had a great tourney so far so Brett is anxiously awaiting the begin of the doubles draw. This is your tennis cub reporter relaying the news thats safe to print from Houston. Brett will have to give you the other sordid details himself when he returns to the world of blogging from the world of tennis. On yeah one last thing to add GEAUX TIGERS !!!!! BCS Here they come......

November 10, 2007  
Anonymous tom aka whipping boy said...

OK here's the latest Brett Cajun is 1-0 in doubles matches. He and his partner won the first match 8-7 and is playing a second match late this afternoon. Guess what this tournament too has been hit by rain delays. OH and by the way. LSU is now the new #1 BCS team after that performance by the little 10 teams. Doesnt matter whether you are looking at the mid-west lil 10 teams or the west coast lil 10 teams. GEAUX TIGERS!!!

November 10, 2007  
Anonymous tom aka whipping boy said...

Well Brett is off to the Tournament Banquet. He won his second doubles match. He wants all his fans to know he feels optimistic that he will be bringing two trophies home from Houston if everything continues. He is very pleased with his play so far today

November 10, 2007  
Blogger CJ said...

Continue or not I'm not going back to LA with him.
I'm staying. And you,and you, your gonna LOVE me. Okay I need to lay off the Patron.
Good Luck Brett! Hope I can make it tomorrow to see you sweat.

November 10, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home