Thursday, November 08, 2007

GULP!

This Coonass has finally arrived in Houston. You can tell you are not in Louisiana anymore when you go from listening to many Cajun radio stations to a bunch of Hispanic ones. Not that there is anything wrong with them. It just seems the production values are just not as slick. Plus, I don't know what they are singing about.

I am here for the Houston tournament. I am staying at my tennis coach Tim's house through Sunday. This is the LAST tennis tournament I'll be participating in for at least four months. Yes, tennis season is winding down. That means I'll have to get a real hobby. Like working out. Or giving BJ's on street corners. Which should I take up?

I am very intimidated by the draw because I play a high seed in the bracket. This guy has a 22-11 record in the last two years and he recently smashed the competition in a DC Tennis Tournament held in September. I am skeered! Will I choke? Or will I finally bring my smashmouth tennis game to a tournament? If I shall lose at 9:30am tomorrow morning, there is still the consolation tournament and the doubles tournament to look forward to. I am guaranteed to play at least five matches this weekend. That is plenty opportunity to be successful at something. I HOPE!

Tonight, I am gong to JR's for the Draw Party. I will probably only have a couple beers. I need to be well rested and without a hangover for my intense match tomorrow morning. A BJ wouldn't hurt either! Just no kissing... I don't want to risk a stomach bug on the Eve of this tournament. Us Catholics must always take precaution against God punishing us. I think getting a BJ will be okay. ;)

9 Comments:

Blogger Gooster said...

Of course I vote street corner, but just not MY street corner!

November 08, 2007  
Anonymous Lance said...

Good luck in the matches. And good luck with the BJ.

twitter.com/northendguy36

November 08, 2007  
Blogger Stephen said...

Good Luck in the tournament, kick some ass!

November 08, 2007  
Blogger Homer said...

Brett, maybe the Mexican drivers were following the speed limit and being responsible drivers.

November 09, 2007  
Anonymous Jeff said...

Or maybe they really were here illegally and didn't want to get caught.

November 09, 2007  
Anonymous Jason said...

A good BJ never hurt anyone.

I hope your match went well!

November 09, 2007  
Blogger Homer said...

Or maybe people who look at a Mexican and immediately think "illegal" need to admit to themselves that they are racist.

November 09, 2007  
Blogger -Tony- said...

Why bother with a street corner...just come to my house.

Good luck swining at those fuzzy balls.

November 09, 2007  
Blogger CJ said...

You uncouth cajun. They are Latinos Brett and they drive slower to avoid accidents because they don't have insurance. Geez! People like you is why there are cameras at over 50% of all the intersections in the city. Thanks. And I know you brought this heat and humidity with you.

November 09, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home