Sunday, November 25, 2007

Finally Ready to Talk About It...


Okay... I can now bring myself to blogging again after the horrible incident on Friday. That was when the Arkansas Razorbacks shocked the #1 ranked LSU Tigers. That was enough to put a damper on my entire weekend. Apparently, the LSU Tigers go with my identity as much as jiggy dancing, narcissism, tennis, chickens, horses, and the twangy accent does. Could be worse. At least I am not known for lemon meringue pies. LOL. ;)

Believe me, I felt like I was bleeding from a cut each time I got a text message or an email with condolences for LSU's loss. They came ROLLING IN immediately after the game ended. Damn... that must have been a popular game! They even compared Hillary Clinton's campaign in Iowa to that of the LSU Tigers on Meet the Press today. Wow. Our only successful college sports program in Louisiana is pretty high profile. Makes me smile.

But let me ask you this? Where has the vaunted LSU defense gone? They haven't showed up in the last two months. Don't get me wrong, offenses scoring lots of points make college football very entertaining, but winning consistently requires some tough defense.

So, we play Large Tony's Tennessee Vols this Saturday in the SEC Championship. It looks like Tennessee doesn't have much of a defense either right now. Don't be surprised if this is LSU's third triple OT game. UGH! My heart can't take anymore sudden death OT games. So... can't we just blow out the Vols?

17 Comments:

Blogger Drew said...

I was wondering when you get to blogging about it. I thought about you during the whole game and was wondering what your blog would be like, win or lose.

I was hoping to be the one to console sweet Mr. Flynn. He looked so adorable sitting on the field after the missed 2 pointer.

November 25, 2007  
Anonymous AppleGator said...

I was wondering when you'd get around to it also.

As a Gator living in god-awful Orangeville, TN, please, please I beg you... have your boys kick the Vols' collective asses.

GEAUX LSU! (may my Gator brethren forgive me) ;-)

November 25, 2007  
Anonymous Heath said...

its a game. why on earth would you let something like football affect you like that? Now tennis I can understand...but football...what a waste of energy!

November 25, 2007  
Blogger Paul said...

I'm sorry, but after the LSU last-seconds win over Auburn ... I just couldn't help myself from cheering for the Hogs.

You should at least be glad that Kansas lost, too.

November 25, 2007  
Anonymous Jeff said...

Hey, look at the bright side: OSU is up to No. 3.

November 26, 2007  
Blogger Steven said...

Now I know how Ohio State felt when Illinois beat them........and subsequently put LSU in 1st place. Good luck with the Vols!

November 26, 2007  
Blogger patrick said...

As I said in several posts, pride comes before the fall. Auburn was able to keep Mr. McFadden to only 45 yards in our 9-7 victory over Arkansas. Oh well, maybe you all will beat Tennessee. I would have much rather you all played Georgia...but i guess you're thankful that you don't!
I hope you had a great Thanksgiving!

November 26, 2007  
Blogger Homer said...

Is it a coincidence that I was making a lemon meringue pie during the LSU game? I think not. BEHOLD the POWER of LEMON MERINGUE PIE. Feel the fear and awe of LMP!!!!

November 26, 2007  
Blogger cb said...

Did you get my email laughing at lsu?? Just checking.

They may still back their way in as a two-loss team... unless they lose to Tennessee.

At this point, after the impressive victory of Missou- I'm sorta pulling for them.

November 26, 2007  
Blogger CJ said...

Hey Brett It was nothing personal. I just wanted to acknowledge the Hogs (my home state and fathers alma mater)victory as I'm sure you would have.

Thanks for owning up to the twang!

November 26, 2007  
Blogger Lacey said...

How sweet is that cute little puppy looking at you like you're the greatest thing on earth???

November 27, 2007  
Anonymous Sorata said...

Awwww... Mr. Bear and your puppy was comforting you. Win or lose you're still cute! :D

November 27, 2007  
Blogger rusty said...

I was SO looking forward to my KANSAS JAYHAWKS meeting up with your lsu tigers in the national championship game....Still...maybe they will get matched up in a bowl game (if lsu can beat tenn) so KANSAS can show everyone they do belong on a football field and not just the basketball court! ;-)

November 27, 2007  
Anonymous Tim said...

Go Vols!

November 27, 2007  
Blogger Jim said...

How very sad for you Brett. Go Mizzou!

November 27, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

By the way love your you tube viseo. you are a very HOT man, and have brains. Thanks for letting us see inside of you..

Ray

November 27, 2007  
Blogger American Irish said...

There is still a chance if Pitt beats WV and Oklahoma beats Missouri. LSU (after winning the SEC) would play OSU for the title. They would smash OSU. But hell would have to freeze over before Pitt beats WV.

November 29, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home