Monday, November 12, 2007

Doubles Defeat

Pictured here is me and my GREAT doubles partner Tim. He was the #1 seed in our draw and playing in the singles Finals game against the #2 seed who beat me.



My doubles partner and I were 3-0 this weekend before we faced Francisco and Kevin in what would serve as the Doubles Championship Game. One of our victories was because a member for another team was a no show yesterday. I felt bad for his doubles partner who had to forfeit their game. That was pretty shitty to leave your doubles partner stranded all day.




These are the guys (Francisco and Kevin) that beat us yesterday in doubles. My partner Tim was unable to move much in the match because of severe cramping. He told me that he was going to have to withdraw because he couldn't move or jump and he was nauseous. I encouraged him to try to play through it. Even if we were sure to lose, I wanted us to try. Predictably, we got waxed.

I didn't mind one bit. Of all the people I could think of losing to, these guys would be the best in my book! We couldn't have lost to the friendliest duo on the courts. :) I am glad they won the Doubles Championship. Way to go!

2 Comments:

Anonymous RawForReal said...

The shorter one bears a striking resemblance to hmmm......

Did ya notice?

November 12, 2007  
Anonymous RawForReal said...

I meant the shorter one wearing black in the second pic....

November 12, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home