Sunday, November 11, 2007

Bounce Back Saturday!



I was on a mission. After getting waxed by the #2 seed on Friday, I was facing elimination. My back was against the wall. The defeat immediately put me in the Consolation Tournament with the other seven players that lost their first Singles match. We played an eight game Pro Set. I eliminated two very worthy opponents yesterday morning and guaranteed a spot in the Finals today against my buddy Pete. We play this morning at Lee LeClear Tennis Center at 9:30am.



In our first doubles match, my partner Tim and I faced the toughest team in the round robin. I was nervous as fuck because our opponents were two of the best tennis players on the court. Joe, who knocked me out first round in singles, was looking across the net at me. I had revenge on my mind. And fear...



My Doubles Partner Tim was GREAT at calming me down and talking me through each game. He was a monster on the court and worthy of his #1 seed in our tournament. The other team was nervous everytime he was in front of the net. Our opponents had Match Point THREE TIMES and lost it. We went to a seven point tie-breaker and beat them surprisingly 7-1. With at least 5 other people watching our entire match, it was the most memorable game I have ever played. Upsetting these favorites made it extra sweet. :)

Today, we have a doubles match at noon and a HUGE match against formidable Francisco and Kevin at 2pm. The match against Francisco and Kevin will serve as a PAYBACK game for me. They beat Brian D. and I last month in Dallas 7-5, 7-5. I am ready to administer some whoopass! The winner of this 2pm game will win the Doubles Championship. I am ready! :)

5 Comments:

Blogger Kelly said...

Best of luck!!!

November 11, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Girl, did you PHOTOSHOP 5 years off your face in that first picture?

November 11, 2007  
Blogger Steven said...

Here's hoping you pulled off the championship this afternoon. And kudos to my alma mater, Illinois, who whooped Ohio State to allow LSU its #1 ranking.

November 11, 2007  
Blogger BRETTCAJUN said...

I never Photoshop. I just look THAT DAMNED GOOD! ;)

November 11, 2007  
Blogger Danny Boo said...

These are exactly the photos I was talking about. Did I hear correctly that LSU was defeated? Geaux Tigers !

November 24, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home