Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Skid Row Monkey

Spiraling down that deep hole. I have been feeling depressed all day. If I were honest with myself, I'd admit that I have been feeling this way for weeks. My head has been racing with thoughts of how everything has gone so wrong. I feel like such a loser. I try to cope by finding comfort in things that help me escape, but nothing stops the downward trend.

There's no zeal. I am not steam rolling anyone. I am on an unprecedented losing skid only one week away from the tournament. Have I created monsters in those that I play? Where they have demonstrated vast improvements, my game has only improved in small increments.

Losing is for losers and I've been one for quite some time. My monkey ass has hit rock bottom with no end in sight. As a result, I am punishing my pitifully loathsome self.

New Brettcajun's World Tennis Rankings:

1. Office Guy
2. Whipping Boy
3. Heath
4. Brettcajun (what a loser!)
5. E.Shrew

7 Comments:

Blogger patrick said...

Buck up little camper! That which does not kill us makes us stronger.

You should post more pictures of yourself in underwear to cheer us all up.

September 27, 2007  
Blogger Daryl said...

Don't beat yourself up so bad.

September 27, 2007  
Anonymous z_man said...

*bearhug* Just remember when at 47-years-old, Navratilova decided to return to the singles court at a grand slam level, playing both Roland Garros and Wimbledon in 2004. She became the oldest person to win a match at Wimbledon that year beating Catalina Castano in the first-round, but that would be her only main-draw victory during the six-tournament comeback. Of the singles comeback bid the Prague-born American legend said: "What is there to be afraid of? Losing? We're playing tennis; it's not like I'm getting into a ring with Mike Tyson. Then I'd be afraid."
(Found this on the web by the way, not original! But thought you could chew on it a while.)

September 27, 2007  
Anonymous Jeff said...

It could be worse; you could place behind E. Shrew.

September 27, 2007  
Blogger cb said...

You need to drop the competitiveness a notch, I think. All the stress you are placing on yourself to WIN just creates tension which is bound to negatively affect your game.

Try focusing on 'doing well' or 'feeling great'-- and not so much on the score.

Not like you want my two cents or anthing-- but I know that when I am relaxed and in the moment, I do so much better.

September 27, 2007  
Blogger Jim said...

Tennis loser only.

Blog winner. Fer sure, like totally.

(that was my written Valley Girl impression)

September 27, 2007  
Blogger Kelly said...

aww come on... we are talking tennis... you are a winner in life... i mean, hell... everyone is a winner who meets me live and in the flesh... consider yourself lucky... just kidding... hang in there buddy... you can't win all the time... just take out your frustration with a good, nasty, sweaty roll in the sack with eshrew...tee hee...slurp... hang in there bud, you will be fine!

September 28, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home