Friday, September 28, 2007

Jump Starting my Brain


ADD is a three-letter acronym that stands for Attention-Deficit Disorder, a mental illness that impairs one's ability to keep focused. I have two nephews in my family that have been diagnosed and are currently being treated for this condition.

Personally, I have always suspected that I have ADD, but never did anything about it. I am easily distracted. Give me something boring to do... you can forget it! Heck, my memory aint even what it used to be. My brain has been feeling pretty foggy nowadays. Almost as if I am getting dumber! Is that even possible?

Well, I finally did something about my brain dead condition. Today, I took my first Adderall XR pill. How does it make me feel? Well, after a couple hours... I feel good! A co-worker was laughing at the way I said good. It gives me a nice buzz feeling. Damn... I could get used to this!

I was initially worried that the drug would make me feel like a crystal meth addict. I wouldn't mind being horny all the time, but just not crystal-meth-like horny. It's just not attractive hitting on others while you are tripping, shaking, and stuttering. Besides, being a cracked-out horny Robotron would probably scare away my co-workers.

So far, I feel REALLY GOOD. My brain does actually feel sharper! I even have a little pep to my walk. And no... I did not take this mental stimulant to help me play better tennis next weekend in Dallas. Seriously... I am not that freakish competitive. Or am I?

11 Comments:

Blogger Steven said...

Does it make people want to strip and roll around on a hardwood floor in their underwear? You may need to take one more then. ;-)

September 28, 2007  
Blogger Lewis said...

How about a long hit off of the bong pipe? Or possibly me coming to visit?

September 28, 2007  
Anonymous Heath said...

another victim of the pharmaceutical industry...don't you know that stimulants , including Adderall, Ritalin, etc...are in the same category as cocaine? Its like feeding your brain a controlled amount of cocaine every day...right or wrong....more and more americans are getting on these drugs...and the pharmaceutical industry is getting richer and richer

September 28, 2007  
Blogger BRETTCAJUN said...

I am going OFF the Adderall. My tennis game suffered tonight as my reaction time was fucked up. I'll start back AFTER the Dallas Tourny. I was pretty loopy tonight on the tennis court.

September 28, 2007  
Blogger Tony said...

Brett....

I hope you have gotten direction from a medical doctor as well as testing, absent what your nephews may have been diagnosed with.

September 28, 2007  
Blogger Kelly said...

i am all for drugs... do they help you loose a beer belly... i need that one... and as always, cute as hell...

September 28, 2007  
Blogger This Boy Elroy said...

Nothing personal against you or anyone else who has been diagnosed with ADD but here's my take on it.

I know it's hard to believe but somehow the human race managed to endure for thousands of years without the help of pharmaceuticals to get everyone through their "off" days. I'm sure Alexander The Great had trouble focusing and Issaac Newton probably got depressed. What did they have to allow them to cope? Discipline.

Enjoy the drugs babe!

September 29, 2007  
Blogger Matthew said...

I think Brett just likes putting pics of himself up on his blog :-) he he

September 29, 2007  
Anonymous derek said...

wonder what it'd do to me?

September 29, 2007  
Blogger The Persian said...

about Adam's comment, I suspect there might have been "substances" not exactly prescribed which got the notables he mentioned through the "tight spots" (and also those of our species stretching back a thousand years). The term "self medicate" comes to mind. Alcohol, herbs etc, the stuff not always recorded in the History books.

I'm glad to hear you seem to be doing well on this med.

:)

October 01, 2007  
Anonymous Fred said...

I just started taking adderall after been diagnosed with adult A.D.D.

I have been sitting on the fence of taking meds after researching the "condition". I read somewhere that 14% of Americans have this condition. With that many people, its not a disorder but a personality type.

I'm trying to see if I can learn something about myself with the aid of this drug and then be done with it. I don't know how they expect people to take this everyday.

October 04, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home