Thursday, September 20, 2007

I Aint Skeered


As I was careening towards a bolted down metal bench, I avoided a massive head injury only by using my hands and an arm as emergency brakes. The near collision scratched a layer of skin off both my hands, gave my left palm a deep internal bruise, and left my right forearm gleaming bright red. This was only after my first game last night in league play.

After playing a total of 45 games of tennis yesterday, every inch of my body is sore as fuck. I am literally a walking stiff this morning. My right wrist is sore. A sprain on the final point last night has left my right ankle swollen. In fact, just about every muscle in my back and neck are tense. Where is a relaxing hot tub and a good masseuse? Hell, give me a chiropractor!

These aches and pains are what I must endure just to compete with the big boys in the Texas Open 2007 in a couple weeks. My skills will be on par with my fellow competitors. The tennis champion that wins the ultimate crown will be the one that has the best endurance and stamina. I know this after participating in five tennis tournaments in the last few years.

Tonight, I face a challenger that used to be way down in the foe pecking order. Heath has suddenly gotten GREAT! I used to drub him with sheer grit, aggression, and wicked placement. But last Saturday, Heath handed me my worst defeat in a very long time. He kicked my ass 6-3, 6-0. Do I somehow bring out the best in the people I play? The fire in my belly is ready to unleash fury on Heath tonight. I hope he's ready. That can of whoopass is open. Can you smell defeat BOY?

7 Comments:

Anonymous Heath said...

I see I am the first to post a comment here. I will say tonight was one of our most intense matches. However, most seem to be that way. Tonight, after holding serve in the first set to 4-4, you broke me and cruised the next games to make it 6-4. The second set, you seemed to want the victory pretty badly and crept up to a 5-1 lead. My forehand had been way off, but somehow I found it and passed your little ass up to win 7-5. That made us even. After a brief hesitation whether we should call a truce, I vehemently wanted to play a third set to decide the champion. Again you gained an early lead and I found myself down 5-3. Somehow I mustered the shots to tie you at 5 all and then passed you to get to 6-5. You then tied it 6-6. We both were determined to win. We started the third set tie braker...and I was feeling confident. With a lead over you 3-2, suddenly the lights on the court shut off and we were left with the anti-climax of No Winner for the match tonight. Unbelievable...just 5 more minutes...(I would have beaten you)...uh I mean....the match could have been finished....Very well played Brett. You are a worthy opponent and I always enjoy our matches!!!
Heath

September 21, 2007  
Blogger BRETTCAJUN said...

Thanks Heath boo. Three hours straight of tennis is going to help our endurance!

I can't believe I blew a 5-1 and a 5-2 lead in the second and third sets . I think with Whipping Boy and E.Shrew watching us, I was trying to hard to show off at the net. That allowed you to crawl back into the game.

Oh well. I really wanted to win badly, but it ran too long. I thought we played very well considering all the distractions next to us. We'll do it again! Thanks for the unbelievable 35 game match! You are always an aggressive fucker to play. Someone who I always enjoy battling!

September 21, 2007  
Blogger Kelly said...

Honey, you know we have a hot tub here in Virginia anytime you need to rest those muscles and have a couple of beers with Chris... tee hee

September 22, 2007  
Anonymous Derek said...

Good luck mr. I'll massage you if you massage me.

September 22, 2007  
Blogger Paul said...

How many times do I need to tell you? It's placement, not power.

September 22, 2007  
Blogger Eric said...

Great blog! I added you to my blogroll. I'd appreciate it if you'd consider linking back.

Most blogs allow you to enter your blog url in a special field in the comment section. If the blog doesn't have that feature, then you will also need to put my url in the comment.

September 24, 2007  
Anonymous jimbo said...

45 matches?!? Dude you gotta slow down before your ACL busts.

September 26, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home