Monday, September 17, 2007

And the Winner Is...

After 175 votes cast, Adam from This Boy Elroy has won the Jiggy Dance Whoreoff Competition. Congratulations Adam! I was not surprised. His video immediately hogged most of the votes when the polling began. Zeitzeuge came in second. It's like the Grammy Awards nominating Tony Bennett almost every year. Apparently elder Bloggers who Jiggy Dance (and take off their shirts) get mega props in the blogger community. E.Shrew and I had the strangest fascination with Patrick's Words entry. We were mesmerized by the snake-like hypnotic dance and pinpoint accurate lipsynching. Ahhh... poor attention whores Kelly and I were starved for votes. I guess we'll have to do better next time. We can't expect to just show up, do our thing, and be voted most popular. My choreographer was SO FIRED yesterday. I hope Kelly in turn fired his wardrobe designer. ;)

I am just thrilled I didn't finish with ZERO votes. I didn't get squat after the first 45 votes were cast. I was convinced the Brettcajun Hater's Club was behind the conspiracy. Or perhaps my performance was as shiteaous as Britney's VMA appearance? Naaa... I am sticking to the Brettcajun Hater's Club conspiracy. So distraught, I had to call perennial non-vote getter Brushstrokes for coping skills. I even called Homer, who lent a sympathetic ear. In the end, I did what any competitive person would do. I immediately whipped up my local fan club to dial in and vote for me. Thanks guys from sparing me the embarrassment of having no votes! Of course, that meant Kelly was relegated to last place. Thanks for taking one for the BFF team Kelly!

I want to thank all of the participants, voters, and commenters who made the Jiggy Dance Whoreoff Competition a ratings winner. With the help of others feeding the frenzy ... it became a special blogger moment. The most beautiful thing for me was to see the REALness of the brave bloggers who chose to participate. When bloggers show that they are living and breathing real people, it makes me smile. I don't want to simply read what other Bloggers put out. I want to tug on your nipples, swap spit with you at the Saliva Pit, and grind with you on the dance floor. Keep it cool blogworld. ;)

10 Comments:

Blogger Sorata said...

Horray for all the participants!!!

September 17, 2007  
Blogger Lacey said...

Holy crap. ADam is HOT HOT HOT. Nice job!!!

September 17, 2007  
Blogger Lacey said...

OK wait...they are all awesome. SO disappointed not to see the Mobius one.

September 17, 2007  
Blogger The Persian said...

Man I wish I had seen the Jiggy dance competition, I so would have submitted something.

You all were great, I would have been hard pressed to have to pick a winner.

:)

September 17, 2007  
Anonymous Derek said...

damn i missed it too! Was Adam a pole dancer once?

September 17, 2007  
Blogger Lewis said...

Hey, watch it with the "elder" wording and such. We're liable to start a paddlin' your ass for those kinds of hateful words. I must say, Adam did a great job. But, poor little Kelly and you....ahh, there should be a consolation prize......something naughty. Hum...what could it be?

September 17, 2007  
Blogger Red Bricks said...

Tis wasn't the brett cajun haters club....you just got beat by a better gene kelly

September 17, 2007  
Blogger This Boy Elroy said...

Only fools dance with poles, everyone knows poles are for smoking.

Thanks for the votes everyone but thanks to Brett for hosting this, it was so fun.

September 17, 2007  
Blogger Tony said...

"...perennial no-vote getter..." I swear I am going to whoop you ass the next time I see you. My only regret is that you'll probably relish that spanking. LMAO!

September 17, 2007  
Blogger cb said...

If you keep losing at Tennis-- I'm gonna have to start calling you "Rod-dick".

September 18, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home