8 Things About Me Meme
I got tagged by Mark.
We have to post these rules before we give you the facts. Players start with eight random facts/habits about themselves. People who are tagged write their own blog about their eight things and post these rules. At the end of your blog, you need to choose eight people to tag. I am choosing not to tag anyone because I am a rule breaker.
1. I like taking showers! I may seem to have some compulsive cleaning disorder to personal friends, but I really don't think I do. I just like to be clean. I like to smell clean. I like to always be properly "prepared". I know I only take a shower twice a day Monday through Thursday. That is once when I wake up at the crack of dawn and another one right before I go to bed. On weekends... I could theoretically take 3-4 showers a day. If I am doing yard work, playing tennis, nasty man sex, or going out to smoky bars... I am showering as many times as necessary to be clean afterwards.
2. I love football more than any Lesbian friend of yours. I can watch High School, College and NFL football games all weekend. I used to be both a New Orleans Saints AND an LSU Tigers football season ticket holder in the same year. I sometimes had trouble finding gay male friends to go to games with me. Or if they did, I would have to pluck them in the head because a couple were caught napping in their seats. It is a battle with the remote to be able to watch football when E.Shrew wants to watch the Food Network. I wish he liked football as much as I do sometimes. We do enjoy going to Good Friends (a bar) in New Orleans on Sunday afternoons to watch the Saints play on TV. We get free shots with every Saints touchdown. Since the Saints have the best offense in the NFL, it is pretty easy to get fucked up. The Saints play the Pittsburgh Steelers in 11 days in the Hall of Fame preseason game. The LSU Tigers kick off the college football season in 36 days against the Mississippi State Bulldogs.
3. I really hate to lose. I don't know why I am wired this way. Is it because I am a Twin and I had to compete with a mirror image my whole life? Or is it because my father is a Type A personality and demands perfection? I have always been this way. I remember one day in high school biology class. Right before a huge end of the semester exam, the teacher was going to devote one hour to prepare for the exam. She did this by giving bonus points to whomever could answer questions that may appear on the test. I raised my hand for every question. I got every one right. The teacher promptly told me I could no longer raise my hand because I earned the most bonus points I could possibly get. I replied back, "Yeah... but I can block the other students from getting any points!" The teacher and class gasped. That was little Brett!
4. When I was younger, I had a foot that pointed straight (not outwards). I was forced to wear this leg brace contraption that went from my shoes all the way up to my waist. I wore this for a year before my mother told me I never had to wear it again. I was made fun of and stared at, but I didn't really get my feelings hurt. I kind of liked the "being different" part.
5. My mom used to give my brother and I PERMS in high school because we had such straight hair. I don't know WHY we let her do this. She went to beauty school and wanted us to have my body to our hair. This was a big mistake because we ended up looking like we belonged to the Hair Club for Men. Students would gasp at us because of our permed hair.
6. I am still stuck at 90 pages on my Sci Fi Novel. To breakthrough this barrier, I bought new software to help me construct a compelling plot, story and characters. It didn't actually write the story for me. It just helped me by asking me a gazillion questions. After I completed it, I am still stuck at 90 pages. I have so many interests to do after work and on weekends. It is hard to actually get started again.
7. I am deathly afraid of snakes and will scream like a little girl. Something about those creatures make me tremble to the core and shriek in terror.
8. I don't like Dr. office visits. I am quite confident that I'll be one of those stubborn old men that die of something very preventable because I never get my colon checked, etc. I just don't particuliarly care for hospitals and Doctors. When I hit those later years, I hope I have a partner or Mama that makes me get those checkups.