Monday, June 11, 2007

Louisiana Hot Sun Bearing Down on my Pudge

Those ten extra pounds I have around my waisteline meant nothing as I cleaned up on the tennis courts yesterday. In a high humidity day with temperatures close to 100 degrees, I battled it out for almost three hours with Heath. I bolted out to a 4-1 lead in the first set, before blowing it. Heath rattled off 4 straight victories to take a 5-4 lead. I was distracted by all the old fogies playing near us I suppose. With a rare loss looming on my ass, I sharpened my play to finish Heath off with three straight wins. I took the first set 7-5 after feeling that hot Louisiana sun bear down on me. During the second set, I bolted out once again to a 4-1 lead. Heath won a couple more games to cut it to 4-3. But sadly for him, he melted like the candy bar he is named after... and I finished him off in straight sets 7-5, 6-3. Pudgier or not... I am still a competitor to be dealt with as I celebrate my fourth straight tennis match victory. :) Who can stop me?

Brettcajun's Tennis World Rankings:

1. Brettcajun
2. Whipping Boy
3. Office Guy
4. E.Shrew
5. Heath

3 Comments:

Blogger Steven said...

Congrats on the victories. Hopefully you'll still retain your humility by season's end and come out on top. ;-)

I have been watching the French Open and I would say that I am happy with where the men's game has returned to. During the years of Sampras, points usually lasted about 5-6 seconds. Everyone was a "net player" which led to such short games. Now the men who have reached the finals are mostly baseline players where the points have decent rallies with exciting outcomes with put-aways.

June 11, 2007  
Anonymous mark said...

Say Hi to Pudge for me.

June 11, 2007  
Blogger J Z Brooklyn said...

I'm glad Pudge is back! That's the second best part on a guy as far as I'm concerned!

June 11, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home