Monday, June 25, 2007

Back Home

I am back from San Francisco. I got home in the wee hours this morning after 5 hours crunched in a seat on the airplane. It appears that changing my flight to fly out of Oakland yesterday evening was wise, because Dallas weather today would have cancelled my flight to New Orleans. (Orbitz just called my cell phone to tell me) My partner was found sleeping in his bed exhausted from his much longer flight back home from Europe. We haven't seen each other in three weeks! I am letting him take care of errands, unpacking, etc. even though I want to pounce on him so badly right now. It's been three weeks!

I want to say a few things about this weekend while I have the chance. I got to meet a large chunk of my blogroll in a very short amount of time. It was too short though. If I hadn't seen some of these guys Thursday night, then our Friday night encounter would have been too fast. I am glad I got my butt up very early to visit with Lewis and his partner on Friday morning! It was here I got to spend more quality time with them as well as Jimmi and Dan. And that's just the thing. With so many bloggers, I never had enough time to visit with each one as much as I wanted to.

Friday night was as crazy as I thought it would be. Of all people, I ended up spending the most time talking one-on-one with someone I pissed on. That was well worth the time though! But it was a whirlwind. With all the flash photography going around, I worked that room up and down with everyone. Unfortunately, I felt I only got to spend token amounts of time with most of the other bloggers. I felt bad too! I really wanted to spend more time, but I couldn't!

When Saturday rolled around, I spent time mostly with Kelly and Jeff (is anyone surprised?) and Joe (manly-pointer). I had a full and exhausting day. I was out at the Castro on a cold and windy day, and I was more consumed with my red eye than anything else. First, I thought I had crabs in my eye pink eye, but then I was worried that perhaps the very windy conditions were affecting me. I was so exhausted after a full day at the festival, I retired to bed early (sorry Adam). So, I found myself spending more time with the few that got up early each day and were on my time schedule.

It was good to see Tony (Tony's World) at the Parade. We got to spend about 30 minutes together. He is a lot more muscular than he appears on his blog! It was nice to finally meet him and his partner Kevin. I then hung out some more with Kelly, Jeff, and Joe on the final day of the festival. In retrospect, I have to do a better job of planning beforehand so I can spend more time with each person. Maybe we should have several organized events to go to instead of just one? Something to ponder.

I want to thank Dan for organizing such a great event. This was our best chance to meet our fellow bloggers all in one place. I want to thank Moby for hosting me. I felt bad that Moby and I only spent so much time with each other, but I feel confident he understands we were both pretty strung out and on different time schedules. I did enjoy all the scary motorcycle rides through the city and his stealth-like maneveuring through moving cars. (I closed my eyes sometimes) Ha ha.

10 Comments:

Anonymous Chip said...

Glad you are back safe and sound! Speaking of sound, sounds like you had a BALL!

June 25, 2007  
Blogger Lewis said...

Absolutely fantastic meeting such a pleasant, nice, and totally hot hunk! I'm very glad that we all made time to meet for coffee...and, you're right, that is the kind of event that allows us to get to know one another. Really, really, really (get it??) great meeting you. Again soon, I hope.

June 25, 2007  
Blogger Lacey said...

WOW. What I wouldn't give to ride on Moby's... um.....bike. Yeah, BIKE...that's it.

June 26, 2007  
Blogger Steven said...

Sounds like a period of "decompress" may be in order after the big trip. Or just a few sets of tennis. Glad you had a great time and I know what you're talking about with those short weekends with new friends! :-)

June 26, 2007  
Blogger -Tony- said...

*blush*

June 26, 2007  
Blogger Jimmi said...

Brett, it was so great to meet you, I wish that we had more time as well. So many Bloggers So little time! I wish I was able to spend more time with people outside of the event but things conflicted and hangovers prevailed! LOL

I can't wait to meet you again sweetie!

P.S. I personally think you are sweet as pie!

June 26, 2007  
Blogger Atari_Age said...

My feelings as well. The NYC version of this is quite similar - it's just not possible to keep up with everyone.

I think a good approach is to view this as a chance to meet a lot of people all at once.

Then, since you've officially "met" in person, it's not as weird to drop a line with someone and say, "hey i'm gonna be in your neck of the woods next weekend if you feel like going out for drinks drinks and more drinks"

June 26, 2007  
Blogger Shaney said...

Hey there, come across from Kelly's blog...Just wanted to say G'day and glad you all had a wonderful time...Im just jelous...lol One day it might happen here in Aussieland!

June 27, 2007  
Blogger JR said...

Oh dear Cajun, I didn't get to hang out enough with you. A couple things, your 20-90 times hotter in person, not to put down the photos of you Ive seen prior or since, but the whole deal is hot live. I have photos of you grabbing your stuff and well I don't feel like sharing them! Second, I wasn't sure what I thought of you from reading your blog. After meeting you, I adore you. I hope to hang out again and actually spend some time. I enjoyed the time we got to and look forward to the future visits. XOXO

June 28, 2007  
Blogger Moby said...

What? You? Busy? I can't believe it. hehehe.

I too feel bad I couldn't flirt, oh I mean, talk with other bloggers as much. I shamelessly flirted w/Adam/Brad almost the whole time.

June 29, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home