Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Death by flying?

For the last two days, I have had that familiar feeling of dying. It feels like my time on this Earth will soon be no more. I become nostaglic. I try to make ammends with others. I hug my beautiful dogs Boudreaux and Pierre a little harder. I toss and turn at night. My heart feels tight. I see the Grim Reaper just around the bend.

No. It's not my birthday yet. That'll be in three weeks. It's that same feeling I get every time I catch a ride on that great mechanical flying beast. You would think with as much traveling I do, that I would no longer feel this way. But I do. I can't help it.

Flying makes me emotional. It makes me think of my mortality. I am always thinking if something is going to get me, it'll be because I am riding in a 153,000 pound steel contraption soaring in the air up to 530 mph.

I'll be away on vacay for a little while. If I shall part this dear Earth, please see that Boudreaux and Pierre are well taken care of. Please see that my chickens and even Rocky the rooster is well fed and get clean water. It's been fun on this world. God Bless. Keep working out. Keep your grades up. Love your family. Raise up a Bud Lite or your favorite alcoholic beverage and hug your local barfly. Continue the fight for your rights. I love you guys. :) It's been fun!

20 Comments:

Blogger Steven said...

I get first dibbs on Brett's mission-style headboard! :-D

May 23, 2007  
Anonymous John said...

Well, you'd make a sexy angel, but I think we'd like to keep you on this side for awhile

May 23, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, for God's sake get OVER yourself, MaryBeth.

Have fun and hurry back, ya little monkey!

May 23, 2007  
Anonymous Kevin M said...

if anything happens to you, I'm nearest-by, so I'll go take care of the chickens. I've got a really good fricassee recipe I've been dying to try out.

May 23, 2007  
Blogger Pete said...

The only thing missing was the music playing in the background. LOL. Air travel is the safest so don't worry.

May 23, 2007  
Blogger Lewis said...

I do not, repeat do not, want you on any of my flights. I will gladly take care of the kids.

May 23, 2007  
Blogger Kelly said...

I feel the same way before I fly... well, unitl the screwdrivers kick in and I have totally bothered the hell out of a flight attendant for more vodka... then I feel fine... so, yes, I will be tragic in San Fran when we meet you... because you will survive your vacation and take lots of pics for us to see...

May 23, 2007  
Anonymous RawForReal said...

Brett, darlin'
They have pills for that. They're called Xanax. Get some. They're Wonderful!

Huggs,

May 24, 2007  
Anonymous Jeff said...

I went through Hospice when my lover was dying. Did you know that often people will feel impending feelings of death before they actually die?

Have a good flight.

May 24, 2007  
Blogger Pookie65 said...

You'll be fine, hon. Toss back a couple of Xanax and a few drinks; contribute to your membership in the mile high club and the flight will be over before ya know it.

Huggers!

May 24, 2007  
Blogger Moby said...

It is not my fear of flying, it is my fear of suddenly NOT flying.

Joke: If one engine goes out, how far will the other engine carry the plane?

Answer: All the way to the scene of the crash. hehehe.

May 24, 2007  
Blogger seth (on the left) said...

If I ever get seated next to you on the plane, I'm changin' seats!

Seriously though...spend the time flirting with the flight attendents. My trip from NY to Florida yesterday went much faster that way. He was cute and was flirting with me and a muscle stud in the aisle across from me

May 25, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ugh. Drama queen.

May 26, 2007  
Blogger Rick said...

Sounds like a good case of anxiety. You'll be fine!

May 26, 2007  
Blogger DEREK said...

Mike's the same way about flying. Keeping you in my thoughts!

May 26, 2007  
Blogger Atari_Age said...

Anyone thinking this is a drama queen thing... well, it's not. It's sooooo common. Not saying *you're* common, of course. Never that!

But it's pretty normal. I get that way on every single flight. Once we've safely landed, it all goes away. But in the air... Well, I agree with Kelly: Pass the vodka!

May 28, 2007  
Anonymous Jeff said...

Anybody hear of any plane crashes in the last week?

May 29, 2007  
Blogger BRETTCAJUN said...

I made it back yesterday afternoon. :) I'll post soon Jeff.

May 29, 2007  
Anonymous Jeff said...

Yeah!!!! He's alive! He's alive!

May 29, 2007  
Blogger Yoly M. said...

sometimes i get the same feeling, is weird. and scary, but trhoug time it passes by.. maybe our life is on stand by.
great blog :d

September 01, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home