Thursday, May 17, 2007

Rules are for those that need to take direction...


I follow my own whims. I am pictured above wearing an Abercrombie and Fitch shirt and an Aeropostel hat. The Grim Reaper is creeping up on my ass, as I will be 37 years old in June. The "rules" dictate that I am not supposed to be wearing these brand clothes on my late 30's body. I say screw that! I happen to like the way they look and the cost is very agreeable to my budget. I am not about to wear something boring like the Penguin brand of clothes, flowery shirts, or Paw Paw clothes anytime soon. I am simply wearing what I like. Besides, my mental age is 24 years old anyway. Sure, I dress younger than I really am. So what? I have pecs, shoulders, and strong back muscles that look good in tight fitting t-shirts. I workout too damned much to not ever get to show them off. Rules are the feeble minded and those that need to take direction.

10 Comments:

Blogger Lacey said...

Yeah my dress is age-inappropriate, supposedly, but I find that the older I get, the less I care about what people think of my clothes. And 37 is pretty young, bud. I've got twenty years on you. Just WAIT!!!!

May 17, 2007  
Anonymous Jeff said...

Sounds like somebody needs some discipline.

May 17, 2007  
Blogger Steven said...

I was going to say what Jeff said, but thought I'd add what's wrong with Penguin-brand flowery clothes? ;-)

I have always been somewhat of a conservative dresser, despite my good looks and well-sculpted body. :-D It rubs off of the suits and ties that I had been accustomed to wearing since graduation from college. "The Man in Charge" look is a turn-on, too.

My condolences on turning 37. Next year I'll be celebrating my first anniversary of turning 39.

May 17, 2007  
Blogger Brent said...

I'm with you, wear what you want. Life is too short not to be happy.

May 17, 2007  
Blogger Atari_Age said...

Who the fuck makes this stupid rules up anyway? If a shirt looks good on you, then it looks good. Period. Anyone who's that hung up on those "rules" should really just strip and have some sex. Half the time, we're only wearing clothes so we can take them off with someone.

May 17, 2007  
Blogger daveincleveland said...

got ya beat by almost 20 years bud, we can go out in our A&F shirts and i'll wear my tommy cologne and my vans tennis shoes....have stopped caring about age i wear what i like like you buddy, as long as it looks good

May 17, 2007  
Blogger seth (on the left) said...

Whoa, don't change that look, way too cute to change. I think you're the boinkablest.

May 17, 2007  
Blogger Lewis said...

It's been mentioned to me a time or two also that I should not be shopping at A&F, AEO and the like....and that maybe I should shy away from "those" jeans....maybe something "more your age" would be better. I am so NoT going there. It is so relative. And who cares, anyway?

May 17, 2007  
Blogger TonkaManOR said...

LOL, my label is "Columbia Sportswear". Hey I'm a PacNW now, got to dress like I live here!

I don't care what anyone else thinks,Doesn't matter what you're wearing when it ends up on my bedroom floor anyway!

May 17, 2007  
Blogger DanNation said...

Wear anything you want...I'm older than you and I approve. I still love you!

May 18, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home