Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Back from Vacay

I am back from traveling trip # 1,000,045. You would think I have no other responsibilities with all the traveling I do. I do enjoy traveling if nothing else for the change of scenery. I sure missed New Orleans and my rugrats Boudreaux and Pierre, but I can now vouch for them being just as fine as I left them.

Some interesting observations from the past weekend:

1. With all my badness, the good must outweigh the bad because my karma seems to be good. I felt very blessed all weekend.

2. Whether at home or on the road, I am always responsible for my partner's entertainment. What's that Pink song lyric? I have no problem being anyone's pet monkey. I am very content with my station in life. I wont impress you with my clothes or my fabulous career, but that's never been an issue for me anyway.

3. I wake up at 5am central time no matter what time zone I visit. This is obviously because I was raised on a farm. I can't help it much to the chagrin of my partner. It is the number one issue in our relationship. We even have rules regarding waking up the Shrew. That rule gets reinforced and recited each and every time we go to bed at night.

4. You can have a great vacation from simply doing something different than what you ordinarily do every weekend. You don't have to GO GO GO non-stop on a trip to call it a "good trip". To me, doing something different with the one you love is always a great vacation.

5. I drink WAY MORE locally than I do when I am in a strange city. For some reason, I drink very conservatively while on vacation. When I am in the comfort zone of my home city, I can be a bigger lush than Kelly. Want proof? Last night, I drank so many Bud Lites super fast at the Bourbon Pub like it was a mandate. I was drunk off my ass when we got home. I gulped some pizza down and passed out for the night. The Shrew could have gone out afterwards and I would have never known. But I did get up at 5am like clockwork this morning!

6. With 3 1/2 weeks left until the San Francisco bloggers orgy, I am pretty much on target to be where I want to be shape-wise. The thickness in my shape has returned. The leaner look was nice to see for a while, but I am way more "fuckable" being thick. So, I will be putting less of an emphasis on having a six pack. Oh, and I need to line up some Botox appointments before I leave as I will arrive being (GASP!) 37 years old. Just kidding! ;)

10 Comments:

Blogger Steven said...

Good to hear that the vacation went well and that you enjoyed yourself. Ah, to be 37 again. Then again, 38.93 years old isn't all that far ahead. ;-)

May 29, 2007  
Anonymous Allan said...

Welcome home...and BR is now my home as well! I didn't see you last night at the Pub, but I didn't make it down until 11pm. Just remember, though it is a Bud Lite, it still has calories and does "bloat"!! ROFLMAO You worked too hard to get that figure to blow it on a couple of bottles!

May 29, 2007  
Blogger Lewis said...

Oh yea, the 5am wake up calls. It's been an issue here too. Again. Still. Glad you're back!

May 29, 2007  
Blogger Kelly said...

Welcome back and thanks for the reference.... tee hee... unfortunately I drink just as much at home as I do when I travel... I actually have to be drunk to get on a plane... Look forward to seeing your ass in a few weeks... and my 37 is not long after yours... isn't nice knowing we are as old as we are and still act like kids... a lot!!

May 29, 2007  
Blogger S. said...

So what good is it to be fuckable when you are taken? ;)

We are talking about trying to go SOMEWHERE in the fall if our money holds out. Maybe Atlanta. Maybe we could meet up!? Or hell maybe we will just come on down for Halloween. I know...I say that EVERY year.

You never know!

May 29, 2007  
Blogger eric p. said...

I'm there with you on #5. We always wonder how it is that when we're somewhere else, with no responsibilities in the morning or friends to tell tales later, we never drink anywhere near as much as we do in the hometown. Maybe it's just easier to let the hair down in familiar surroundings.

I'm also there with you on #4 ... and ALMOST there on #3. (I'm more of an 8 a.m. guy than a 5 a.m. one.)

May 29, 2007  
Blogger Pete said...

Your a bottom? I would of never guessed.

It's nice to hear you had fun and are going to have more fun at the bloggers orgy.

May 29, 2007  
Anonymous Kevin M said...

Glad you're back... but damn, that means no chicken stew.

May 30, 2007  
Blogger daveincleveland said...

glad your back and had a great time, and oh oh oh to be 37 again...this getting old shit is for the birds, and yeah 56 and still act like a kid......will i ever grow up.....probably not

May 30, 2007  
Blogger patrick said...

Glad your trip went well!

May 30, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home