Tuesday, February 28, 2006

Being a WHORE on Mardi Gras...

Ahhh.... it's great to see the city of New Orleans back on its feet! The French Quarter was packed like the good old times. This was a great spirit lifter for the citizens of New Orleans. As you stand on the balcony of Oz or The Pub, you see a sea of ants on Bourbon Street milling about. Good times are back again!

Yes, I was a WHORE during Mardi Gras. In fact, I spelled it out for everybody. I wore this black (a good slimming color!) T-Shirt that fit my muscled body perfectly. It had the word "WHORE" in big bold white letters. I swear I have never heard "WHORE!" shouted at me by so many strangers in one day! The fine print on the shirt said "Hate Me in Public... Fantasize about Me in Private." I got so much attention from that shirt. I should have taken pictures, but neither me nor E.Shrew felt like carrying around our camera. Sorry guys... I wear everything tight... there is NO room! Plus, I had to leave my hands free for extracurricular activities during that special event we call Mardi Gras.

So, me and Shrew did Mardi Gras. I think we both had a great time. I did my darndest to pace myself and stretch out the day. I am not a big drinker. So... walking around socializing and drinking for hours on end can be a challenge for me. Luckily, there were so many HOT HOT HOT boys and so many dear friends, that time passed by swiftly and fun was had. It was near 8pm last night and I had finally begin to feel like I needed to shutdown. Three straight days of drinking, carousing, and merriment will do that to this 35 year old body.

Was I a whore? Not really. The only eyebrow raising moments came when the locals wanted to use "Mardi Gras" to get frisky with me or the Shrew. What was once the customary greeting of a peck on the lips suddenly become fullfledged french kissing. The usual copping a feel of your pecs or your ass, suddenly became your friend unbuttoning your button fly jeans and taking out your business. Again... this was all done by FRIENDS! While I am not a prude (NO SHIT SHERLOCK!), it puts you a little on the nervous side worrying what your BF thinks about it. You better believe me and the Shrew were tabulating in our heads what each friend did to the other. When you go out in New Orleans (me) or live there (Shrew)... it always happens. You just can't get too irritated or bent out of shape. You just chalk it up as one of those things that happens.

I try not to get jealous. I don't particuliarly like the jealous types anyway. You know.... the ones that shriek "GET YOUR HANDS OFF MY MAN!" if you touch his boyfriend. Sometimes jealousy lets you know someone really does care about you. But often times... jealousy is a wasted human emotion. Gay men need affirmation from others that they are attractive. Yes, completely narcisstic and ego driven... but very necessary for a healthy self esteem. With gay couples, we all give our partners much more latitude than a heterosexual couple would. I like that. As long as the Shrew respects me and shows me he cares when it counts, it shows that we smoothly sailed through Mardi Gras.

10 Comments:

Anonymous Tony said...

(*Screaming out into the night life) Hey WHORE! YO....WHORE!

Tight shirt, french kissing, ass groping, meeting up with Slab...just friends, LOL. What's wrong with this picture. I'll tell you what...I wasn't there! I said it before...YOU BUM! (smirk).

Sounds like you had a heck of a good time! Nice to know a bit of ol' age is creeping up on you.

February 28, 2006  
Blogger Spider said...

What a wondeful time Brett... I am sure you were the hottest WHORE in the quarter!

February 28, 2006  
Blogger TonyM said...

hey we can all be WHORES in our relationships!

March 01, 2006  
Blogger Moby said...

damn! I was hoping for stories of debauchery and mayhem.

hmmphf!!!!

ok, glad you had fun. If my schedule would have permitted, I'd of gone this year. Just to support the city.

March 01, 2006  
Anonymous mark said...

We've been in situations like that in the past, especially at pool parties, etc. We both know how far to go and when to stop. Most all of it's just done in fun. I know he loves me and is going home with me.

March 01, 2006  
Blogger dondon009 said...

I am glad you had a great time, you little WHORE, you!

I am missing NOLA terribly and hope to get there soon, in the meantime, I really appreciate the update!

Happy belated Mardi Gras!

Don~

March 01, 2006  
Blogger Derek said...

no pictures, come on man I want to see that body.

March 02, 2006  
Blogger farmboyz said...

The-Gay-Guys-Gone-Wild thing isnot exclusive to NOLA at Mardi Gras. Put a pack of shirtless dogs into the NYC Eagle, The Stud in Montreal, Ramrod in Fort Lauderdale (etc.etc.) spray'em with beer and bango, they're all over each other. If you are partnered (like C & I for 23 yrs now) the key is to agree on behavior ahead of time, and to agree on which friends we want to keep at arm's length and which strangers we want to sample and how much of a sample to take. Obviously this only works when both partners remain clear headed throughout the night. Never be the dogs who drink the most.

March 03, 2006  
Blogger Kevin said...

I envy the friend who unbuttoned your fly. I've seen what lies beneath ...

WOOF!

March 03, 2006  
Blogger The Persian said...

Sounds like so much fun! I will get to Mardi Gras someday. :)

Jealousy is a terrible thing, but sometimes unavoidable. I mean we've all dated the flirtatous guy that when drunk is actually hell bent on getting a rise out of us right?

Glad you had fun!

March 03, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home