Wednesday, November 16, 2005

Spanking Tom Yet Again (4-6, 6-2, 7-5)

That old Tom ALMOST had me. It was the PERFECT STORM. I still have a sore heel on my left foot, and then as I was playing tennis tonight I suddenly noticed that my right shin was very tight and sore. I was hobbling around like an old man in shorts and a tight "Plow the Line" red T-shirt. It was a cold 36 degrees. Brrrr....

Tom SHOCKINGLY beat me 6-4 in the first set. It was a RARE set loss for me. I was PISSED. NO WAY FUCKER! I DON'T THINK SO! On the next set, I waxed him 6-2. Uh huh... that's more like it. Take your silly ass back to Harahan MOFO! Then came the third and final set. We have NEVER played three sets before. I was stunned! Tom bolted out to a 4-1 lead. NOOOOOOOO! This CAN'T be happening!!!

I was determined NOT to lose this match. I have NEVER lost to Tom before. This was NOT going to be the time. I took out my can of whoopass... and opened it. Can you smell what the Rock is cooking???? I rallied to a 4-3 score. Then in a fierce battle of Deuce and Ad In, Tom won his fifth game. The score in the final set was now 5-3. Tom only had to win ONE game. Would he do it? Would the New Orleans Saints of the tennis world FINALLY win a match?

Same old Saints. They coulda, woulda, shoulda... but didn't. I muscled my way into a tie at 5-5. Then with dramatic flair, I took the lead! It was 6-5!!! Tom's ego was deflated. He saw me snatch certain victory away from him. In the last game, he sputtered and his engine broke down. In the final game, I coasted easily and ended up winning the final set 7-5 to a GRAND VICTORY. I was relieved. My record against Tom in Singles was still perfect. Whew! I did feel bad though. He had worked so hard to beat me. He scored more Aces than he had ever scored. He was soooo close. The only advice I could give him was to keep trying. I used to win 2/3rds of our games. He is now very competitive with me. Just keep trying buddy. You'll get there one day! The match was so close, it was the funnest match I have ever played. Thanks for the sports drama!

1 Comments:

Blogger TonyM said...

SA-WEET! now where's the celebration party?

November 17, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home