Thursday, November 10, 2005

Follow Brett to Houston!

I have been playing some individuals who have been kicking my ass in tennis. These are guys with great serves and who can hustle. All along I brought the "SD" hat my friend David from San Diego gave to me. I wore this in my Sports Illustrated Swimsuit Edition spread. I am going to use this hat as my "lucky" hat. Well, it hasn't really been lucky. David in San Diego KICKED MY ASS in it. Heath and Tom made a mockery of us in an infamous doubles swoon the other day. (Did you notice I didn't blog about it?) That San Diego hat is going to serve as my inspiration. It is going to represent all the hard work I have been doing to prepare for this tournament. Playing with that hat, I got my ass impaled over and over again by superior tennis players... and I didn't even enjoy it!

I begin play at 9am on Friday morning. If I advance, I play again at 12:30pm. My doubles match with E. Shrew is at 2:30pm Friday. They will update the scores and progress daily.

The only other time I have ever played in a tournament was this same event a year ago today. I was so nervous that I felt nauseous. I felt that I didn't deserve to be there. I played nervous the whole match. The end result: I got my ass whooped. If I were to win my first match, I have the unenviable task of playing a top seeded player in my class. Translation: Brett will get his ass kicked for sure!

So, wish me luck! Root for the underdog if you are a Brett fan or cheer my pending doom if you are a Brett hater! There is nothing quite like having the pressure of all your blogger buddies (and haters) checking on your progress, huh? Only Brett would do this to himself! Ha ha... perhaps this will give me added incentive to not choke. I hope!

11 Comments:

Blogger The Gock said...

you'll do great..... or else!

(how's that for pressure?)

Seriously - good luck... I couldn't do that.

November 10, 2005  
Blogger Vince said...

Give me an H! O! T! T! I! E!

What's that spell?!!

GO BRETT!!

Right?

rhxbrl

November 10, 2005  
Blogger Donnell said...

Good luck Brett, have fun.

November 10, 2005  
Blogger sixshooter said...

Good luck, man.

November 10, 2005  
Blogger TonyM said...

GO BIG OR GO HOME!

Good luck!

November 10, 2005  
Blogger BRETTCAJUN said...

THANKS GUYS!!! For me to be successful, I have to remember the humiliation of my early exit last year. I have to be PISSED. I have to reach down deep in me for the desire to KICK ASS. That is what it is going to take. An angry Brett on the tennis courts is a caged tiger!

November 10, 2005  
Blogger TonyM said...

hey - just play a smart game - find their weakness early and play on that. Make them work, run and sweat. Don't play mad - play smart!

November 10, 2005  
Blogger Spider said...

GO GET 'EM STUD! Knock yourself out and have a great time!

November 10, 2005  
Blogger cola boy said...

Knock those balls all over the court, stud! Good luck!

November 11, 2005  
Blogger Brechi said...

oh gosh, that sounds like fun, good luck!

November 11, 2005  
Blogger deanos said...

KICK SOME SERIOUS ASS!!!! I know you can do it...you have the fire in your belly babe.

November 11, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home