Thursday, November 24, 2005

Being Thankful on Thanksgiving Day...

Here I am going to Thanksgiving Day lunch with my family without a partner (again). My family will be there with all their young ones and their loving spouses. It'll be just me... party of one. It is going to be sad for me.

I am thankful for my family and my dear friends. I honestly don't know if I deserve them. For too long, I have sacrificed a lot for my relationship. My family and friendships are all secondary when I am in a relationship. That special guy that I am attached to gets most all of my attention and loving. Now that I am single and alone, I feel naked. I feel like the unloved ugly neighborhood dog.

I am sure I'll be alright. I have some very dedicated friends that put up with a lot from me. They have seen my Ups and Downs. They keep waiting and waiting for me to grow up. They are waiting for me to come into my own, stand on my two feet, and be the confident man I should be.

Trust me, I am just as eager for that person to come out too. For all of you out there in the blogworld that admire me... I just wish I could be half the person that I pretend to be.

5 Comments:

Blogger TonyM said...

Hang in there bud. I've been where you are a few times myself. It's a tough row to hoe, but it gets better. Be selfish right now, get your crap together and build that man you want to be. Move forward

November 24, 2005  
Blogger Moby said...

Don't feel like you need to pretend big guy. We are often our own worst critic.

While most of us only know what you choose to show us in your daily blogs, we have grown to admire and love you just the same. While you may not have a special man in your life for the holidays, I think you are far from alone.

*sloppy kisses*

November 24, 2005  
Blogger Adam said...

You'll be ok. Take some of that vim and vigor that you have for palying tennis and channel it into other aspects of your life. You're sure to kick all our asses then. :)

November 24, 2005  
Blogger Hypoxic said...

Maybe you're trying too hard to be the person you "pretend to be" and not hard enough just being who you really are.

(Damn, it's just so easy to sit back here and tell someone else what they should do with their lives LOL)

Seriously, you'll figure it out. Best we can do is wish you good luck and be here to support you if you need us. And I think it's safe to say we'll do that.

Good luck!

November 24, 2005  
Blogger S. said...

Yea we go our seperate ways on T-Day and all the big holidays. Hope you had a nice one regardless!

November 25, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home